miller 300ss - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > miller 300ss

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 11-15-2008, 07:07 AM   #1
spderjhn
2003 TJ Wrangler 

miller 300ss

I have a lincoln 140 and I am looking at buying a bigger welder for suspension applications. Does anyone have opinions on the

Miller 300ss . I have the opportunity to buy one used here locally and it is set up for 480 3 phase which is how my shop/fabrication room is set up anyway. Looking for opinions

Unread 11-16-2008, 04:03 AM   #2
willness33
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Umm, you plan on stick or tig welding your suspension parts? The 300 is a stick/tig machine. I'm sure you could run a wire feeder on it, but that'll probably double the $500 cost of the machine. Those big industrial units are pretty much bombproof and sell cheap D/T the fact that most people don't have 3 phase in their shops. Yay for you for having 3 phase, but personally I think it's the wrong application for the machine.
willness33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.