Metal Drops FreeWare Thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Metal Drops FreeWare Thread

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #76
webdog
DirtBound Offroad

1990 XJ Cherokee 

Sent you a reply.

webdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2012, 11:17 PM   #77
cstevens
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm looking for 3/16" and 1/4" drops to practice on. I will gladly cover flat rate shipping, please pm me with price.
Thanks in advance.
Unread 04-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #78
duanewhatley
1999 WJ 

New welder here too, looking for scraps. Thanks
duanewhatley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #79
abnkevin

I'd love a box of scrap also. Shipping to 78664. Thanks.

Kevin
abnkevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #80
Dombrowski95
1997 TJ Wrangler 

looking for scraps to practice on, ill pay shipping thanks. Im only 16, and want to WELD, i even bought a 180 MiG
Dombrowski95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #81
Pikes_Peak_Trailers
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hi everyone. I have two boxes ready to ship. Details below.

Box 1 - lots of small drops/cuts with some larger (8") cuts. Probably 50lbs. Most stuff is 1/8 or 11g.

Box 2 - larger cuts of 1" sq tube, 1/2" sq tube, 2" sq tube, mainly 11g/18". I cut these drops down to size to get rid of some drops that I doubt I will use. Box weighs 40/50 lbs.

$20/box covers shipping, a roll of tape, 5 miles of gas, and your share of a chop saw blade :-)

First to email gets them. dave@pikespeaktrailers.com

Tell me which box you want, or either. As soon as they are claimed, I will post back here.

D.
[email]dave@pikespeaktrailers.com[/email]
Pikes_Peak_Trailers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #82
Pikes_Peak_Trailers
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sheet and plate steel for pickup

I have a bunch of floor plate and sheet steel. Thicknesses range from 20, to 18, to 16 gauge.

If you are in the CO Springs area and wish to pick some pieces up (maybe up to 100lbs worth), shoot me an email. I won't take cash but I will take beer

Sizes are something like 1' wide by 4' tall, etc. Some wider, some smaller, etc. You pick.

These are cuts are from trailer lids and beds. I need to get rid of some extras that I know I won't use. If you are learning to weld or have small builds, this may help out and you probably know how expensive steel is.

Shoot me a note if you wish to come up to Woodland Park to pickup some.

Dave.
dave@pikespeaktrailers.com
[email]dave@pikespeaktrailers.com[/email]
Pikes_Peak_Trailers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #83
rt4422
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikes_Peak_Trailers

Box 1 - lots of small drops/cuts with some larger (8") cuts. Probably 50lbs. Most stuff is 1/8 or 11g.

Box 2 - larger cuts of 1" sq tube, 1/2" sq tube, 2" sq tube, mainly 11g/18". I cut these drops down to size to get rid of some drops that I doubt I will use. Box weighs 40/50 lbs.

$20/box covers shipping, a roll of tape, 5 miles of gas, and your share of a chop saw blade :-)

Tell me which box you want, or either. As soon as they are claimed, I will post back here.

D.
Just sent an email.
rt4422 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #84
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikes_Peak_Trailers View Post

D.
I also sent you one.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #85
shelbysguns

I just bought a flux-core welder and I have asked all the local shops and metal supply yards and no one has any scrap even though I offered to pay. If anyone has some scrap they don't need, I'd gladly pay shipping or scrap value. It seems like everyone around here scraps all their spare steel instead of holding on to it. Thank you! I appreciate it! Im in zip code 65101 btw.
shelbysguns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #86
sevenscrew
1997 ZJ 

looking for some different scrap pieces to practice laying some beads. going to be ordering a lincoln 180 in roughly a week. i have little to none steel laying around.. I'm not asking for anything more than a few inches long or more than a 1/4 inch thick. ill pay the flat rate shipping that it fits in. would like a picture of the scrap you have. or just a list of the dimensions. doesnt have to be more than 5-10 pounds i guess. or whatever you think is good for me to learn on. im a quick learner. !

in the works: lp30 + 8.8 build to 4.88s + wj swap
sevenscrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 01:28 AM   #87
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Have a request, wondering if anyone has some scrap 1.5"x.120" wall DOM tubing laying around. I'm looking for 2 pieces no shorter than 3" or one piece 6" long. I am needing to make a couple of air bump spacers at 2 7/8" and it seems like all my drops in 1.5" DOM are just a hair too short. PM me if you have some scraps that size you wouldn't mind sending me and I'll kick a few bucks your way for shipping.

- Mike
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #88
Abaddon
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
Have a request, wondering if anyone has some scrap 1.5"x.120" wall DOM tubing laying around. I'm looking for 2 pieces no shorter than 3" or one piece 6" long. I am needing to make a couple of air bump spacers at 2 7/8" and it seems like all my drops in 1.5" DOM are just a hair too short. PM me if you have some scraps that size you wouldn't mind sending me and I'll kick a few bucks your way for shipping.

- Mike
I can probably help you out if you'd like some 1.5" x.120 ERW. Don't have any DOM laying around but plenty of ERW i could cut you a couple pieces of.
PM me and ill check and see if they will fit in a $5 flat rate box.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2012, 07:09 AM   #89
sevenscrew
1997 ZJ 

Bump looking for scrap to practice laying beads on thank you I will cover shipping

in the works: lp30 + 8.8 build to 4.88s + wj swap
sevenscrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #90
TacosTJ

Just got my new tig/stick welder would love to get a box or two of scraps shipped 42262 just let me know how much ty
TacosTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.