Metal Drops FreeWare Thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Metal Drops FreeWare Thread

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #46
cotoole
1999 TJ Wrangler 

great job fostering some creativity and welding proficiency on the site! i just moved from Ft Carson to BFE, MO and can't find a place that sells steel to save my life. once again, great job.

Unread 08-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #47
Jamesbbh
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You guys would know more than anyone- where can I find some 1/4 and 3/8 plate at a decent price for a welding table? The local scrapyard doesn't sell it.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/r...-made-1171226/
Jamesbbh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2011, 05:03 PM   #48
Pikes_Peak_Trailers
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have a medium size flat rate box of misc small drops ready to ship. It probably 50lbs of steel.

If you want it, please email me. The cost is $20 which covers the shipping, a roll of tape, etc.

dave@pikespeaktrailers.com
[email]dave@pikespeaktrailers.com[/email]
Pikes_Peak_Trailers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #49
cotoole
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikes_Peak_Trailers View Post
I have a medium size flat rate box of misc small drops ready to ship. It probably 50lbs of steel.

If you want it, please email me. The cost is $20 which covers the shipping, a roll of tape, etc.

am still trying to find stuff to practice on. I really suck at welding but am hoping to change that.

What kind of scraps do you usually have in the boxes? i
Unread 10-30-2011, 12:53 AM   #50
webdog
DirtBound Offroad

1990 XJ Cherokee 

I could put together a box very easily if anyone is looking for small stuff to practice on.
webdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #51
EZridaz
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I really appreciate you all offering up your scraps for practice learning to weld on. I will definitely take some off of your hands when you gather some up. I bought a Miller 210 a while back and only have about an hour or so on it because of the lack of metal laying around to get me going. I am off of work for awhile now because of a re-injured herniated disc and am about to go crazy talking to the walls and going to therapy. This would give me something productive to do while I have some down time. PM me if you like, for my address and your PayPal info for shipping...Thanks again!!!
'01 WJ-totaled
EZridaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #52
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I've got a lot of scrap floating around, but most is too big to ship. I've got anything from 10 gauge up to 1" plate, but most is in the 3/16 to 5/8 range. A little angle here and there. Unfortunately no tubing, round or square.

Located in central UT.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #53
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Any word on another box like that? Sent over some cash via paypal after emailing, and havent seen anything yet.
Unread 12-25-2011, 10:34 PM   #54
SirCrisp
1985 CJ7 

I'm also interested in buying some scrap to practice on with my new welder, send me a PM if you have anything you can spare and I'll gladly pay shipping.
SirCrisp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #55
Pikes_Peak_Trailers
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Any word on another box like that? Sent over some cash via paypal after emailing, and havent seen anything yet.
Sorry about the delay. I have been traveling for the last two months of the year. I am in VA now and will be back at my shop in CO at the end of the week. I know someone paypal'ed me some money several months ago. If that's you, I will send you two boxes. I have 4 of them boxed up in my shop I just have been very busy and have not made a run up to USPS. The last quarter of 2011 was crazy: finish grad school, day job, pregnant wife, trailer business, traveling eeegads!
[email]dave@pikespeaktrailers.com[/email]
Pikes_Peak_Trailers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #56
Jamesbbh
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sorry about the delay. I have been traveling for the last two months of the year. I am in VA now and will be back at my shop in CO at the end of the week. I know someone paypal'ed me some money several months ago. If that's you, I will send you two boxes. I have 4 of them boxed up in my shop I just have been very busy and have not made a run up to USPS. The last quarter of 2011 was crazy: finish grad school, day job, pregnant wife, trailer business, traveling eeegads!
Dave- I made this for my brother out of some scrap you sent me!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/r...-made-1171226/
Jamesbbh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #57
webdog
DirtBound Offroad

1990 XJ Cherokee 

I just shipped one box out the other day and I have another box ready to go.
webdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #58
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Sounds like you have been busy. Super congrats! Finished school and a kid, thats awesome.
Unread 01-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #59
sailsurf7713
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'd be really interested in a flat rate box. Let me know if anyone has anything they can offer. Just grabbed a Lincoln 180 and need to get proficient enough to do a SWAG weld together bumper and repair my frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97flexy View Post
...I say don't lift but CUT. :)
My Rusty Revival
sailsurf7713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #60
4DFUN
2008 JK Wrangler 

I got a flux core welder for Christmas and have ran out of metal to mess around with. I would love if someone could usps flat rate a box to me and I will pay for shipping. Anyone please let me know. Thanks.
4DFUN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.