making things out of old jeep parts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > making things out of old jeep parts?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 06-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

making things out of old jeep parts?

So I'm starting to collect more and more old jeep parts from both of my jeeps (TJ and willys) and I'm thinking about making some things out of the old parts. One idea I have for the bump stop perches from the TJ, they make a nice ringing sound when they hit, so I may make some wind chimes out of them.

I'm curious to see what yall have made from old jeep parts? I'm always looking for more welding project to get practice, seems like there might be some fun projects in some of these old parts.

Unread 06-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
RenoF250
1985 CJ7 

Nothing out of Jeep but I welded some Chevy 350 cams together to make a 4 legged animal. Since it is cast the welds broke.
RenoF250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
ltrail
1984 XJ Cherokee 

I didn't build it but down the street where a shop used to be still has a very alien figure made from what seems to be old coil springs and rotors and other nonsense. One of those things you see daily but never really stop to check out. I've also seen obscure mailbox holding figures. That ones up my alley.
Unread 06-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
Hailrazr13
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Old coil/leaf springs are good quailty steel for blades.Amateur smith . lotta flex, takes an edge quite well, easy to sharpen.
Hailrazr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #5
wickedoffroad
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I recently entered a 4x4 show where the prizes for different categories were trophies made of different parts. Was kinda cool to see how some were used.
wickedoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
Netpackrat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I gave my old coils to a co-worker who gave them to a friend who does blacksmithing.
Netpackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #7
ffjs87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I used an old torsion bar for a long punch, and for a pry bar. Just modified the ends a bit.
ffjs87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.