Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Machined hub for trailer spindle tire carrier

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BESRK 
#1 ·
I ran across a website a while back that sold a machined peice of steel that used the standard trailer spindle and bearings for a pivot on a tire carrier. I have since lost my mind (along with the website):D I remember it was a machined tube that I think was 2-1/2" Outer diameter. Price was about $12 or so. Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Thanks.

#3 ·
That's it! Thanks Besrk

#4 ·
Would something like that be better than a piece of tubing that just barely fits over the bearing race that could be heated to get the bearing race in?? I would think that this type of fit would be sufficient to keep the race in place. I actually just bought the bearings and spindle yesterday which is why I'm asking.

Thanks.

#5 ·
You need something to act as a bearing spacer inside too. Otherwise, as you tighten the spindle nut, the bearings will just slide together. You can take a tight piece of tube drill some holes in it, slide a smaller diameter tube inside to act as a spacer and plug weld it thru the drilled holes..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.