Looking for Steel Supply in LA Area? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Looking for Steel Supply in LA Area?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 08-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
EasyE
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Looking for Steel Supply in LA Area?

I am looking for a local supplier for new and surplus / recycled steel plate, rods, square tubing, etc. Also for salvage scrap. One man's trash steel plate is another man's Jeep skid plate in the making. I'm in the Pasadena area near LA. I used to have a great supplier / recycler in Murrieta for my fab projects, but now I am 70 miles from there. Home Depot is too expensive for the volume I need, and they don't carry much. Any recommendations?
Thanks.

EasyE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
Diamond-x
1991 XJ Cherokee 

IPS 9936 Rush Street South El Monte is your closest. They have scrap and new as well as a boat load of nuts/bolts/tools
Diamond-x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
EasyE
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond-x View Post
IPS 9936 Rush Street South El Monte is your closest. They have scrap and new as well as a boat load of nuts/bolts/tools
Thanks! I will pay them a visit!
Unread 08-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #4
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I always go to M&K in Gardena for new metal, or to look through their drop cuts (they sell drop cuts of sheet and tubing by the pound). www.mkmetal.net Me being on the west side of LA, it's fairly close. But it's enough of a drive that I usually get twice what I need for a given project, so that I always have extra material to start the next project with so I don't have to wait until I can get out there again.

M&K sells tubing in 20 foot lengths, and will give you 1 free cut on each piece, I usually just have them cut each stick into two 10 foot pieces for easier transport, unless I know that I will be better off (less waste material) with a different length cut or no cut at all. I mostly get the 1x1" 1/16" thick steel tubing for making furniture, I believe it's about $12 something for each 20 foot stick.
Unread 08-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
EasyE
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck View Post
I always go to M&K in Gardena for new metal, or to look through their drop cuts (they sell drop cuts of sheet and tubing by the pound). www.mkmetal.net Me being on the west side of LA, it's fairly close. But it's enough of a drive that I usually get twice what I need for a given project, so that I always have extra material to start the next project with so I don't have to wait until I can get out there again.

M&K sells tubing in 20 foot lengths, and will give you 1 free cut on each piece, I usually just have them cut each stick into two 10 foot pieces for easier transport, unless I know that I will be better off (less waste material) with a different length cut or no cut at all. I mostly get the 1x1" 1/16" thick steel tubing for making furniture, I believe it's about $12 something for each 20 foot stick.
Thanks! I will check them out too. I stopped by IPS today in South El Monte and was surprised to see that they were kinda like a Harbor Freight with steel stock. It was neat, but I didn't price any steel stock.

Thanks again.
Unread 08-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
WSS
1972 CJ5 

I believe there is a Pattons steel sales in Burbank, I get most of my mild stuff from their store in Ontario. I also have a Mcfadden Dale industrial hardware on my street, lucky me LOL

PS, may be called queen steel if I recall.
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 12:41 AM   #7
Dumpsterfish

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Industrial metal supply in Sun Valley. Large selection of rems. Tell Steel in LB. Bobco in DTLA
'13 JKUS...SOLD
Dumpsterfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #8
wgirvine
1992 XJ Cherokee 

X2 for Industrial Metal Supply. They let you roam around in the warehouse. Exit Sunland off the 5 Fwy.
Unread 09-15-2013, 12:03 AM   #9
djfred
1992 YJ Wrangler 

X3 for Industrial Metal Supply
Front D30 (4.88 w/ Powertrax No-Slip) -- Rear 8.8 (4.88 w/ ARB) -- Front Custom Bumper -- Custom Side Rock Guards -- Dual Snorkel (Coming Soon)
djfred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #10
Diamond-x
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Also, Schorr Metals at 837 S Kraemer Blvd Placentia, CA 92870
Diamond-x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.