JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Fabrication Shop (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/)
-   -   Looking for Steel Supply in LA Area? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/looking-steel-supply-la-area-1559647/)

EasyE 08-08-2013 04:39 PM

Looking for Steel Supply in LA Area?

I am looking for a local supplier for new and surplus / recycled steel plate, rods, square tubing, etc. Also for salvage scrap. One man's trash steel plate is another man's Jeep skid plate in the making. I'm in the Pasadena area near LA. I used to have a great supplier / recycler in Murrieta for my fab projects, but now I am 70 miles from there. Home Depot is too expensive for the volume I need, and they don't carry much. Any recommendations?
Thanks.

Diamond-x 08-08-2013 05:14 PM

IPS 9936 Rush Street South El Monte is your closest. They have scrap and new as well as a boat load of nuts/bolts/tools

EasyE 08-09-2013 09:33 AM

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamond-x (Post 15772374)
IPS 9936 Rush Street South El Monte is your closest. They have scrap and new as well as a boat load of nuts/bolts/tools

Thanks! I will pay them a visit!

danielbuck 08-16-2013 06:36 PM

I always go to M&K in Gardena for new metal, or to look through their drop cuts (they sell drop cuts of sheet and tubing by the pound). www.mkmetal.net Me being on the west side of LA, it's fairly close. But it's enough of a drive that I usually get twice what I need for a given project, so that I always have extra material to start the next project with so I don't have to wait until I can get out there again.

M&K sells tubing in 20 foot lengths, and will give you 1 free cut on each piece, I usually just have them cut each stick into two 10 foot pieces for easier transport, unless I know that I will be better off (less waste material) with a different length cut or no cut at all. I mostly get the 1x1" 1/16" thick steel tubing for making furniture, I believe it's about $12 something for each 20 foot stick.

EasyE 08-17-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielbuck (Post 15802621)
I always go to M&K in Gardena for new metal, or to look through their drop cuts (they sell drop cuts of sheet and tubing by the pound). www.mkmetal.net Me being on the west side of LA, it's fairly close. But it's enough of a drive that I usually get twice what I need for a given project, so that I always have extra material to start the next project with so I don't have to wait until I can get out there again.

M&K sells tubing in 20 foot lengths, and will give you 1 free cut on each piece, I usually just have them cut each stick into two 10 foot pieces for easier transport, unless I know that I will be better off (less waste material) with a different length cut or no cut at all. I mostly get the 1x1" 1/16" thick steel tubing for making furniture, I believe it's about $12 something for each 20 foot stick.

Thanks! I will check them out too. I stopped by IPS today in South El Monte and was surprised to see that they were kinda like a Harbor Freight with steel stock. It was neat, but I didn't price any steel stock.

Thanks again.

WSS 08-17-2013 10:27 PM

I believe there is a Pattons steel sales in Burbank, I get most of my mild stuff from their store in Ontario. I also have a Mcfadden Dale industrial hardware on my street, lucky me LOL

PS, may be called queen steel if I recall.

Dumpsterfish 08-18-2013 01:41 AM

Industrial metal supply in Sun Valley. Large selection of rems. Tell Steel in LB. Bobco in DTLA

wgirvine 08-24-2013 08:16 PM

X2 for Industrial Metal Supply. They let you roam around in the warehouse. :D Exit Sunland off the 5 Fwy.

djfred 09-15-2013 01:03 AM

X3 for Industrial Metal Supply

Diamond-x 09-20-2013 06:38 PM

Also, Schorr Metals at 837 S Kraemer Blvd Placentia, CA 92870

The time now is 03:50 AM.