Looking for rear and front bumper prints(plans) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Looking for rear and front bumper prints(plans)

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 04-20-2008, 08:43 PM   #1
Heavysausage
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looking for rear and front bumper prints(plans)

Hi i dont have time to build my own with the opening of a new store and boating season just around the bend. Yes im one of them Scream and flyers, HEHE so i need to put the hour a day i get into that. But i have a buddy that said if i drop him some plans we are good to go. He will mack them up fast for me. So if anyone has some basic plans they would share for a rockcrawler looking rear bumper with a tow hitch in it that would be great. Also the frame ties as to i need to tow a small boat with the bumper two miles to put in the lake. I would just buy one but I happen to have a buddy out of work and looking to do somthing all day untill his plant opens back up in a few weeks. Also all and any different fronts would be great aswell. As to i dont know what im going for when it comes to the front look. Please share if you dont mind helping me out that would be just great. Thanks for looking at my post and Happy jeeping.

Oh ya its going to be put on a 97 TJ!!>>....

Heavysausage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Might have your buddy skim thru my old bumper writeup at the top of the page. If he has any specific questions, I'd be more than happy to answer questions and help if I can. Unfortunately, all the numbers are either in my head or just done on templates. I used to scribble all the measurements down on the inside of my garage door.. it looks like a wall from that movie "23"..

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2008, 06:15 AM   #3
Heavysausage
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Besrk thanks for the reply we talked befor and i wanted to just buy one off of you but i opened my big mouth. Should of left foot in there from befor. My buddy said he had some time off from the plant and was going to be bored to death so i said hey while your sitting around make my bumpers up. He got me when he said ok that sounds like fun but im not painting them. So I cant let the guy down. He is an oldtimer and you just cant change there mind on anything but that is ok. (they do the best work) Once again thanks ill take a few mins and look at some of the old post to see what thinkness and size is mostly it im going to give him my stock one to work from. I dont think he has the net/or a computer even for that mater.
Heavysausage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2008, 11:58 AM   #4
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

You can take a look at THIS SITE for some project ideas as well.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.