Looking @ Compressors - How many CFM? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Looking @ Compressors - How many CFM?

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-20-2008, 07:24 PM   #16
corvetteguy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2 View Post
replaced every wall socket in the house when we moved it and zapped the crap out of myself becuase I was too lazy to figure out which breakers I needed to pull... You would think it would have only taken one zap... I'm a slow learner I guess.
at this point im not sure any of us can be much help......

to answer your question....yes....the ac unit would run off of 220

HOWEVER the problem you would have it by some small chance the ac unit and compressor should kick on at exactly the same time....then you would have a small problem.

corvetteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 07:27 PM   #17
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvetteguy View Post
at this point im not sure any of us can be much help......

to answer your question....yes....the ac unit would run off of 220

HOWEVER the problem you would have it by some small chance the ac unit and compressor should kick on at exactly the same time....then you would have a small problem.
I'm pretty sure I could mitigate that with a little planning... we only run the AC maybe 2 Weeks a year and that days I'd be very unlikely to be working in the garage... I guess I'll call my electrical guy tomorrow...

Thanks for everyones help!
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 07:32 PM   #18
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2 View Post
How much $$$ am I looking at to have someone come in and run 220 or add a 20-25 amp breaker?
That shouldn't be too bad. I'd do it for you for a 12 pack if you weren't 4+ Hrs. away. It's really not hard at all, you can get a How To type book from Home Depot or Lowes or the library and be able to handle that small of a job.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008, 06:13 PM   #19
Fastbeeatch
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
That shouldn't be too bad. I'd do it for you for a 12 pack if you weren't 4+ Hrs. away. It's really not hard at all, you can get a How To type book from Home Depot or Lowes or the library and be able to handle that small of a job.
x2 on the easy part, if you have empty spot in the panel then it's really easy. Run a 10ga 3wire into the panel hook the white and black wires to the 2 posts on the breaker then hook up the ground wire to the grounding bar. On the other end of the wire use whatever plug that is rated for the compressor, or in most case it will wire directly into the compressor motor.
H1 Wheels 36" GoodYear OZ Tires
Fastbeeatch is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.