Looking to build a custom rear bumper for my TJ. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Looking to build a custom rear bumper for my TJ.

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 09-13-2009, 06:06 PM   #1
Country Boy
Bovi-sapiens

2000 WJ 

Looking to build a custom rear bumper for my TJ.

Been looking around for some good complete plans for a rear bumper for my TJ Rubicon. I want to build one that includes D-ring mounts and a 2" receiver. I would also like to be able to add a tire carrier in the future when I upgrade to larger tires (stock currently). Where's a good place to find plans for such a beast? I remember someone (Quadratec maybe?) had kits you could buy with the steel already cut and you just had to weld it together, but I can't find them anymore. I'd like to source the steel locally to save money on shipping, and I do have some experience welding steel, but I will admit, I am no expert at it (have a farm, done a bunch of welding on the equipment, did have one class in college on welding and fab).

I have two welders here on the farm, chop saw, sawzall, grinders, etc. Do I have a chance of making something worthwhile, or would I just be wasting my time? Anyone have plans they'd like to post up?

Farming is easy when your plow is a pencil and you are a thousand miles from the cornfield. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Don't curse the farmer with your mouth full.

Ah, cows. A thousand roast beef sandwiches wrapped in a gorgeous leather coat.
Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.