Looking to build a custom rear bumper for my TJ. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Looking to build a custom rear bumper for my TJ.

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 09-13-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
Country Boy
Bovi-sapiens

2000 WJ 

Looking to build a custom rear bumper for my TJ.

Been looking around for some good complete plans for a rear bumper for my TJ Rubicon. I want to build one that includes D-ring mounts and a 2" receiver. I would also like to be able to add a tire carrier in the future when I upgrade to larger tires (stock currently). Where's a good place to find plans for such a beast? I remember someone (Quadratec maybe?) had kits you could buy with the steel already cut and you just had to weld it together, but I can't find them anymore. I'd like to source the steel locally to save money on shipping, and I do have some experience welding steel, but I will admit, I am no expert at it (have a farm, done a bunch of welding on the equipment, did have one class in college on welding and fab).

I have two welders here on the farm, chop saw, sawzall, grinders, etc. Do I have a chance of making something worthwhile, or would I just be wasting my time? Anyone have plans they'd like to post up?

Farming is easy when your plow is a pencil and you are a thousand miles from the cornfield. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Don't curse the farmer with your mouth full.

Ah, cows. A thousand roast beef sandwiches wrapped in a gorgeous leather coat.
Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.