KK Liberty custom winch bumper build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > KK Liberty custom winch bumper build

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #61
wicked99wj
1999 WJ 

if he wont mind it you could just ask him if you could cut a half section of the flare and a half or less section of the center of the bumper. hence it would look the same but, it would be smaller.

wicked99wj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #62
Viper723
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I will put pics up of the way I am going to do it, it won't be too bad actually...

"The walls between art and engineering exist only in our minds"-Theo Jansen
Viper723 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #63
collins1888
2009 KK Liberty 

any updates??
collins1888 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 12:26 AM   #64
alwaleed254
2011 KK Liberty 

i have jeep cherokee liberty KK sport 2011 3.7L 4wd and i have ordered RK 3.5in lift kit with skyjacker m9541 monotube shocks so will this fits to my car and also how the front lift will be installed are they installing it on top of coil or they will replace it?
alwaleed254 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #65
Viper723
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I am sorry I let this one go guys, but this is the way it finally looked on Black bear pass when it was done... The mounting was a bit of a nightmare, but its beautiful.

Unread 05-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #66
AtTheHelm

Hey that looks pretty good! Too bad the owner didn't want to cut the flares though as a lot of clearance could have been gained in front of the tires.

AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #67
Viper723
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Love that tire clearance. He wanted it very stock looking as far as that went, and even so it gained SOME clearance.

Unread 05-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #68
Viper723
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm View Post
Hey that looks pretty good! Too bad the owner didn't want to cut the flares though as a lot of clearance could have been gained in front of the tires.
It looks like you also realized that the winch was not gonna fit inside haha How did you figure out the mounts? I like the way the tube portion came out on mine, but it looks like you made a separate skid for the bottom...

Unread 05-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #69
AtTheHelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper723

It looks like you also realized that the winch was not gonna fit inside haha How did you figure out the mounts? I like the way the tube portion came out on mine, but it looks like you made a separate skid for the bottom...
I actually didn't want to put a winch inside because it would stick out too far for my liking.
For mounts I just insert a strip with nuts welded to them that match the factory holes plus one behind them into the unibody openings. Holes drilled to match with angle iron. The winch bumpers also get two more bolts on the face of the crossmember.

That skid is actually all one piece incorporated with the bumper.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 10:51 PM   #70
Viper723
1995 YJ Wrangler 

It looks nice, it looks like you have the design all figured out. Hopefully I never have to build a KK bumper again haha but if I do I would change a few things. Mine ended up with about 8 mounting bolts as well

Unread 06-03-2013, 03:04 AM   #71
wickedwj99
1999 WJ 

Looks good I like how it turned out. Mounting does suck I helped my buddy do his and it was a huge PITA.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.