KJ bumper built from stock - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > KJ bumper built from stock

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-31-2008, 06:40 PM   #1
bobcat7
2006 KJ Liberty 

KJ bumper built from stock

Just had a bright idea(get them once in a while). If I can get a stock '06 front and/or rear bumper from another KJ and strip off all the plastic, could I build on that to make a better bumber similar to an ARB. Just thought it would have the correct mounts, etc and would be easier to do it than starting from scratch. Or is the original part not strong to build on? Any thoughts would be welcome

bobcat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 09:08 AM   #2
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Ditch the origional. You want a solid base to start on and the factory one just does not have the strength.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
JeepNude
2006 KJ Liberty 

The problem is-

For the 2006, ARB and others do not make a front bumper that does not require taking a sawzall to the front end. Some people do not want to butcher the front of their 2006.
JeepNude is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.