Keeping dry without doors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Keeping dry without doors

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 07-13-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
Texasmonty57
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Keeping dry without doors

I have created a drop down door just like the rear dust cover that shields the driver compartment from the elements. I do not like doors on my jeep and I hate the hassle of taking them off and on and putting on mirrors. When I'm ready to play I just want to go play. I use my jeep as my personal mode of transportation to work as well and it sits in the parking lot all day. In Florida we have these funny things called afternoon showers most every day. I do not want to take the time to put a cover on the jeep then have to take it off and secure it. So I created a drop down door that will roll up to roll bar and velcro, and when ready will drop down and shield the inside. it is secured with velcro straps just like the dust cover in the rear. check out my photo album if you want to see it installed. Best part is the price!!!!!

Texasmonty57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2014, 05:08 PM   #2
kjg26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmonty57 View Post
I have created a drop down door just like the rear dust cover that shields the driver compartment from the elements. I do not like doors on my jeep and I hate the hassle of taking them off and on and putting on mirrors. When I'm ready to play I just want to go play. I use my jeep as my personal mode of transportation to work as well and it sits in the parking lot all day. In Florida we have these funny things called afternoon showers most every day. I do not want to take the time to put a cover on the jeep then have to take it off and secure it. So I created a drop down door that will roll up to roll bar and velcro, and when ready will drop down and shield the inside. it is secured with velcro straps just like the dust cover in the rear. check out my photo album if you want to see it installed. Best part is the price!!!!!
Subscribed for later viewing.
Unread 07-14-2014, 08:45 PM   #3
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

i think if you plan to go into production you should round off the windows and tapper the leading edge to flow with the lines, ascetically. People are very picky. how do they keep water intrusion out of the bottom. The pictures look like it is mounted inside, not in the lower gutter.

Tags
elements shield , weather , wind block

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.