Jk adjustable harness bar - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Jk adjustable harness bar

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Closed Thread
Unread 07-11-2014, 12:56 PM   #16
bullpup07
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason m View Post
Just be carful, taking this idea that might look good from a few Pics here on this site. But to me a pivot point with a safety belt ( over the shoulders ) can be more dangerous than the safety its designed to do.

In other words just cause it looks safe it may not. Read up on how a true 5 point works or is intended to work, and then lay this out based on this idea and make sure it stays within the safety specs.
Or not, its not my back/spline at risk.

Jason.
I understand your concerns however the design is rock solid and is over engineered. the weakest point would be the stock jk seat belt mount and if your going to sheer a grade 8 1/2 bolt with the breaking strength of 600k your in trouble bottom line. The hardware is stronger than factory and it's is built under tension so in a head on collision the impact is deflected up and down not forward so it is displaced over 4 points not 2 this in combination with the stronger hardware makes it's for a much stronger design

bullpup07 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2014, 12:58 PM   #17
bullpup07
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
i would use grade 8
All grade 8 sir
Unread 07-11-2014, 03:56 PM   #18
NalinMFG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Despite telling us SIX TIMES that you're using grade 8 bolts...you're using grade 5 in the pictures.

• 0 lines = Grade 2
  • 3 lines = Grade 5
  • 5 lines = Grade 7
  • 6 lines = Grade 8

5.25" TJ Speaker Adapters

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Email: NalinMFG@gmail.com
Facebook: NalinMFG
NalinMFG is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #19
tjcj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NalinMFG View Post
Despite telling us SIX TIMES that you're using grade 8 bolts...you're using grade 5 in the pictures.

[*]0 lines = Grade 2[*]3 lines = Grade 5[*]5 lines = Grade 7[*]6 lines = Grade 8

Good eye .

Sent from my XT881 freeze ray gun using JeepForum.
Unread 07-11-2014, 05:17 PM   #20
jason m
your ad here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullpup07 View Post
I understand your concerns however the design is rock solid and is over engineered. the weakest point would be the stock jk seat belt mount and if your going to sheer a grade 8 1/2 bolt with the breaking strength of 600k your in trouble bottom line. The hardware is stronger than factory and it's is built under tension so in a head on collision the impact is deflected up and down not forward so it is displaced over 4 points not 2 this in combination with the stronger hardware makes it's for a much stronger design
I don't care if the bolts are grade 1millon, again my two major concerns are 1, your pimping a product with no vender tag and that brings down the integrity of this site so many of built over the years.
2, I don't think you've taken any time to over look how a proper 5 point is adjusted to ones back support.
I would not trust your over engineering thinking when you stated you used grade 8 bolts, but in those Pics you have clearly used a grade 5 as was pointed out several times threw out this post.

So claim its over built all you want, what your pics show are two different stories and that throws out the door any "trust me's" you have to offer.

Buy a vender badge or IMO delete this post.

Jason.

And on the 8th day, God created the 14 bolt....
jason m is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2014, 09:32 AM   #21
bullpup07
2010 JK Wrangler 

Super troll

Once again to put this to rest everything is grade 8 the pictures were taken after moch up from powder coat and the perfect length grade 8 fastnal bolts showed up 4 days later. So hence you can stop being a forum trolling douch !

Second, I have a background in engineering bottom line and I am once again not a vendor or trying to sell a product I'm simply testing what interest there is in the product and so far it has been great so thanks.

Last edited by bullpup07; 07-12-2014 at 12:14 PM..
Unread 07-12-2014, 12:12 PM   #22
bullpup07
2010 JK Wrangler 

Well as for that comment I wouldn't run a Rockhard harness mount as it's riveted to sheet metal, won't sit tight agents the seat and looks like crap in my opinion. As for the A pillar this is using the same technology as the factory so if your smarter than a jeep engineer than so be it. This is an insanely strong, cleaner looking, easier to mount and fully adjustable system so I guess I don't understand. I have done extensive testing and cannot find anything that dose not far exceed the factory strengths and tolerances. I trust my life with it 100% and it's all I will run after using it bottom line
Unread 07-12-2014, 02:54 PM   #23
athos76
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Once again to put this to rest everything is grade 8 the pictures were taken after moch up from powder coat and the perfect length grade 8 fastnal bolts showed up 4 days later. So hence you can stop being a forum trolling douch !

Second, I have a background in engineering bottom line and I am once again not a vendor or trying to sell a product I'm simply testing what interest there is in the product and so far it has been great so thanks.

He's not trolling... He made an observation from the pictures you posted. If you had posted a pic with grade 8 bolts, nothing would have been said..even after your repeated posts of "All Grade 8 bolts"...

And the fact that you say "pm if your interested in one yourself" does mean you are trying to sell a product...

Maybe you should have Corbeau post this for you, since you have sponsorship..

Posting in the Fab forum will lead to criticism... bar none. Many people here have years of experience in this subject and will chime in... a background in engineering doesn't mean squat if you don't understand how a shoulder harness should be set up.
Unread 07-12-2014, 02:57 PM   #24
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NalinMFG View Post
He ended his post with "pm if your interested in one yourself."

He also joined the day this thread started and only has 1 post. That.
I deleted that part,you are correct.

And to the OP..if you want to push or sell a product see about a vendors account here.

And........even though people build and sell roll cages and such,those are only "added" safety features to a vehicle...this product you are attempting to make "replaces" a factory safety feature that is federaly required in all vehicles,and those have been tested and approved ..this is far from being licensed and/or federaly approved to be sold as a replacement of factory seat belts that are required and illegal to remove,and this product you are pushing clearly shows you have to remove the factory belt system to replace with yours...
BAD IDEA without any kind of licensing.

You said the seat company is "sponsoring you"..then your best bet is to have the seat company test and get the system licensed before offering it to ANYONE...

jason m and others who you call trolls are far from it,they have hands on expereince with these areas and only have true concerns of people's safety...

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2014, 03:09 PM   #25
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

You clearly wanted to sell since you stated"pm if interested"...

I am closing this thread for now to put the arguements to an end,as i stated in the last post,this has no real testing or approval as a safety device replacement in a vehicle

Never forget 9/11

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Unread 07-13-2014, 10:28 AM   #26
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I am just going to add one more reply here for future reference...

If you design ANYTHING and/or have any "ideas" to remove any federaly regulated safety equipment...DO NOT POST IT HERE unless it has been legaly tested and a licensed product.

and...the comment of"PM me if interested in one yourself" clearly shows you are trying to sell them out the back door without a vendor's acount.

If you design anything to replace federaly regulated safety equipment and sell it to people,i would HATE to be the one to have to answer to the law if someone gets in an accident and the law asks the people where they got that design or bought it...it'll ruin your life..thats a gaurantee..not an opinion

Never forget 9/11

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.