Jerry can mod/Screw the EPA - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Jerry can mod/Screw the EPA

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 11-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #31
mylittlecj5
1974 CJ5 

Its funny that Oregon won't let the typical driver pump their own gas, but all commercial drivers can fuel with diesel at any time! I used to forget what I was driving, and go to pump gas into my car and get 'reminded' that its not legal. But I would get hundreds of gallons of diesel at a time, pumping it myself! What a crock!

Default Jeepers Club #10
mylittlecj5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 02:50 PM   #32
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

I work for the EPA and I'm gonna need your name and address Sir. Please PM it to me. I would hate to issue a warrant and have JF give me the information.

However, it is a great mod!
Automatic-258 I6- Detroit lockers front/rear - Superior 1-piece axles, Ramsey Pro 9000 Winch, Quick Disconnects, 33 BFG AT's, 4.10 gears, Howell TBI, DUI HEI Ignition, Ground Pounder Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Combo, Handen Fab integrated winch plate front bumper w/hoop, ORF weld-in front sport cage.

USMC 1999-2004 Semper Fi!

Hood Hi-Lift Jack Mounts for CJ/YJ/TJ/JK

Torchmate CNC Plasma Table Build / Projects

The Target Man, LLC - AR500 Shooting Targets
jatepper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #33
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

Before anyone gets carried away, that was a joke (above). I don't work for the EPA.
Automatic-258 I6- Detroit lockers front/rear - Superior 1-piece axles, Ramsey Pro 9000 Winch, Quick Disconnects, 33 BFG AT's, 4.10 gears, Howell TBI, DUI HEI Ignition, Ground Pounder Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Combo, Handen Fab integrated winch plate front bumper w/hoop, ORF weld-in front sport cage.

USMC 1999-2004 Semper Fi!

Hood Hi-Lift Jack Mounts for CJ/YJ/TJ/JK

Torchmate CNC Plasma Table Build / Projects

The Target Man, LLC - AR500 Shooting Targets
jatepper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #34
tim-v

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatepper View Post
I work for the EPA and I'm gonna need your name and address Sir. Please PM it to me. I would hate to issue a warrant and have JF give me the information.

However, it is a great mod!
Not even a little bit funny
tim-v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2010, 06:52 AM   #35
Netpackrat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatepper View Post
So, I get to have it out with the EPA and I get the home field advantage? Kewl.
Netpackrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2012, 02:46 AM   #36
Netpackrat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Necro-posting my own thread, to note that I recently discovered that the gas cap gasket for a Honda EM6500 generator is the exact right size for one of these fuel cans.
Unread 11-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #37
SkippyPB13
2000 TJ Wrangler 

They also sell replacement gaskets on eBay for $4 free ship

[url]www.SkippyKustoms.com[/url]
SkippyPB13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 06:12 AM   #38
Netpackrat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

A friend of mine bought some of the Ebay gaskets, he said they are kind of hit or miss. Some deteriorate in the presence of fuel, others are too hard and will not seal properly.
Unread 04-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #39
wickedoffroad
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Being from WA and travelling to OR on a regular basis I can add a couple tidbits to the fueling issue. If you are driving a diesel, a custom car or motorcycle you are allowed to pump your own fuel. This is to relieve the company from liability if the fueling process damages the vehicle.
wickedoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2013, 12:19 AM   #40
Awesome
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My Wrangler counts as a custom car. If I have to fuel when I go to Oregon to visit my friend, I'm doing it myself.

I really hate using my Jerry can as it is presently configured. I actually spill a ton of gas trying to get the stupid $%*(& CA-legal spout to pour gas properly. I think I'm going to get my dad to help me do this mod. I may finally get a second can, too.
”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.