Jeep YJ Overlanding Skidplates - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Jeep YJ Overlanding Skidplates

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
Bravo1782
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep YJ Overlanding Skidplates

Hey Guys,

I've got a YJ that I'm building primarily as an overlanding rig, and I've got it in my head that it'd be nice to make a skidplate for the engine...not a "heavy duty rock crawling" skid plate, but mainly something to keep the elements and debris out of my engine bay and provide some protection. I got this idea in my head after reading this article on ruggedizing vehicles. Has anyone done any lighter weight skidplates to close up their engine bay? Maybe using aluminum, thinner steal, or old road signs? Looking for ideas...pictures would be clutch (and majorly appreciated) if you have them!

Bravo1782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
mturner0111
1995 YJ Wrangler 

looking for ideas myself right now. I was thinking of using some thin tread plate and cutting and welding as needed then using something to make a good seal to keep the water out. once I get my 350/sm465 swap finished I might do a write up on one.
mturner0111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.