Jeep tj bumper???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Jeep tj bumper????

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 06-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep tj bumper????

Any

image-3325377441.jpg

one know where to find this bumper it was on eBay a while ago for $179 and now it's not on eBay, amazon...if u know where I can find it for that price please let me know!

Unread 06-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiee View Post
Any one know where to find this bumper it was on eBay a while ago for $179 and now it's not on eBay, amazon...if u know where I can find it for that price please let me know!

You can find it here for $199:

http://truckandwinch.com/spyder-fron...6-jeep-tj.html

Good friend/customer that has one likes the "style" but admits the welding/fabrication of it matches what you pay for it. Just a review from someone who had one...
Helldorado Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #3
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raider

Good friend/customer that has one likes the "style" but admits the welding/fabrication of it matches what you pay for it. Just a review from someone who had one...
Thanks I'll have to do some more research before I buy it but thanks for the advice
Unread 06-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raider

Plus it says it has a 5 year warrantee for the welds and material.. Idk it seems like a nice bumper for me especially cuz I'm still in high school and have a tight budget.
Unread 06-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #5
SkippyPB13
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Check e-autogrilles on eBay They have some very budget minded bumpers.

[url]www.SkippyKustoms.com[/url]
SkippyPB13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyPB13
Check e-autogrilles on eBay They have some very budget minded bumpers.
Do you know of the quality of there products??
Unread 06-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #7
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

My step-dad has the Tuff Stuff bumper and winch on his Jeep. I don't care for it at all. It feels very thin, like a good whack on a rock would cave it in. And IMO the winch is a piece of junk. He's had it about a year and you'd think it had been through 15 winters in the great salty north. My Warn is older than that and it looks brand new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #8
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
My step-dad has the Tuff Stuff bumper and winch on his Jeep. I don't care for it at all. It feels very thin, like a good whack on a rock would cave it in. And IMO the winch is a piece of junk. He's had it about a year and you'd think it had been through 15 winters in the great salty north. My Warn is older than that and it looks brand new.
Damm I don't know what to do now I don't wanna buy a junk bumper but I'm also on a tight budget seeing how I don't have a job...cuz I really like the look of an aftermarket bumper, and I want something with tow hooks just in case I get stuck.
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #9
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Throw some Reese tow hooks on the stock bumper and roll with it until your budget allows what you really want. That's what I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #10
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
Throw some Reese tow hooks on the stock bumper and roll with it until your budget allows what you really want. That's what I did.
Yea that's what I was thinking I'm probably gonna get those tow hooks, some lights from harbor freight, and pull the milk juggs off... Hopefully I can find a job soon so I can actually do what I want to my jeep
Unread 06-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #11
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I had one for a decent time before selling to go another direction. I was worried at first because of the price, but when I received it I was happy. 3/16" steel. Powdercoat was good. Had no issues with it while I had it. Welds were fine to me. Nothing crappy. I was very happy with it for the price. Only reason I sold I was because I decided to go the way of a custom stubby bumper.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #12
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk803c
I had one for a decent time before selling to go another direction. I was worried at first because of the price, but when I received it I was happy. 3/16" steel. Powdercoat was good. Had no issues with it while I had it. Welds were fine to me. Nothing crappy. I was very happy with it for the price. Only reason I sold I was because I decided to go the way of a custom stubby bumper.
Humm I don't no what to do now cuz some ppl say its good and some say it's not idk what to do.
Unread 06-09-2013, 11:39 PM   #13
samuraisavr
2003 TJ Wrangler 

the quality is what you'd expect it to be for a $200 bumper. If you want something that "looks" like a offroad bumper, then this is it. If you want a offroad bumper, and your idea of offroad is a logging trail or the scenic route through the national forest, this might still be your bumper. If you want a bumper you can drag over rocks in Colorado or Moab, You might look elsewhere...
Pocket
samuraisavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #14
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraisavr
the quality is what you'd expect it to be for a $200 bumper. If you want something that "looks" like a offroad bumper, then this is it. If you want a offroad bumper, and your idea of offroad is a logging trail or the scenic route through the national forest, this might still be your bumper. If you want a bumper you can drag over rocks in Colorado or Moab, You might look elsewhere...
Yea I defiantly don't do ant hardcore offroading I mostly want it for the d rings, witch plate for If I get stuck, and the looks
Unread 06-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #15
Motobilt
1992 YJ Wrangler 

A local kid in town has one. I was not too impressed with the bumper when I had to remove and reinstall it a few days ago. Then again I have 2 or three bumpers over the years and a little more picky than most. I agree with one of the above comments.... you get what you pay for.

-Dan DuBose

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.