Jeep tj bumper???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Jeep tj bumper????

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

Unread 06-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep tj bumper????

Any

image-3325377441.jpg

one know where to find this bumper it was on eBay a while ago for $179 and now it's not on eBay, amazon...if u know where I can find it for that price please let me know!

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiee View Post
Any one know where to find this bumper it was on eBay a while ago for $179 and now it's not on eBay, amazon...if u know where I can find it for that price please let me know!

You can find it here for $199:

http://truckandwinch.com/spyder-fron...6-jeep-tj.html

Good friend/customer that has one likes the "style" but admits the welding/fabrication of it matches what you pay for it. Just a review from someone who had one...
Helldorado Customs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raider

Good friend/customer that has one likes the "style" but admits the welding/fabrication of it matches what you pay for it. Just a review from someone who had one...
Thanks I'll have to do some more research before I buy it but thanks for the advice
Unread 06-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raider

Plus it says it has a 5 year warrantee for the welds and material.. Idk it seems like a nice bumper for me especially cuz I'm still in high school and have a tight budget.
Unread 06-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
SkippyPB13
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Check e-autogrilles on eBay They have some very budget minded bumpers.

[url]www.SkippyKustoms.com[/url]
SkippyPB13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #6
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyPB13
Check e-autogrilles on eBay They have some very budget minded bumpers.
Do you know of the quality of there products??
Unread 06-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #7
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

My step-dad has the Tuff Stuff bumper and winch on his Jeep. I don't care for it at all. It feels very thin, like a good whack on a rock would cave it in. And IMO the winch is a piece of junk. He's had it about a year and you'd think it had been through 15 winters in the great salty north. My Warn is older than that and it looks brand new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #8
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
My step-dad has the Tuff Stuff bumper and winch on his Jeep. I don't care for it at all. It feels very thin, like a good whack on a rock would cave it in. And IMO the winch is a piece of junk. He's had it about a year and you'd think it had been through 15 winters in the great salty north. My Warn is older than that and it looks brand new.
Damm I don't know what to do now I don't wanna buy a junk bumper but I'm also on a tight budget seeing how I don't have a job...cuz I really like the look of an aftermarket bumper, and I want something with tow hooks just in case I get stuck.
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #9
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Throw some Reese tow hooks on the stock bumper and roll with it until your budget allows what you really want. That's what I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #10
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
Throw some Reese tow hooks on the stock bumper and roll with it until your budget allows what you really want. That's what I did.
Yea that's what I was thinking I'm probably gonna get those tow hooks, some lights from harbor freight, and pull the milk juggs off... Hopefully I can find a job soon so I can actually do what I want to my jeep
Unread 06-05-2013, 12:10 AM   #11
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I had one for a decent time before selling to go another direction. I was worried at first because of the price, but when I received it I was happy. 3/16" steel. Powdercoat was good. Had no issues with it while I had it. Welds were fine to me. Nothing crappy. I was very happy with it for the price. Only reason I sold I was because I decided to go the way of a custom stubby bumper.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #12
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk803c
I had one for a decent time before selling to go another direction. I was worried at first because of the price, but when I received it I was happy. 3/16" steel. Powdercoat was good. Had no issues with it while I had it. Welds were fine to me. Nothing crappy. I was very happy with it for the price. Only reason I sold I was because I decided to go the way of a custom stubby bumper.
Humm I don't no what to do now cuz some ppl say its good and some say it's not idk what to do.
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:39 AM   #13
samuraisavr
2003 TJ Wrangler 

the quality is what you'd expect it to be for a $200 bumper. If you want something that "looks" like a offroad bumper, then this is it. If you want a offroad bumper, and your idea of offroad is a logging trail or the scenic route through the national forest, this might still be your bumper. If you want a bumper you can drag over rocks in Colorado or Moab, You might look elsewhere...
Pocket
samuraisavr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #14
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraisavr
the quality is what you'd expect it to be for a $200 bumper. If you want something that "looks" like a offroad bumper, then this is it. If you want a offroad bumper, and your idea of offroad is a logging trail or the scenic route through the national forest, this might still be your bumper. If you want a bumper you can drag over rocks in Colorado or Moab, You might look elsewhere...
Yea I defiantly don't do ant hardcore offroading I mostly want it for the d rings, witch plate for If I get stuck, and the looks
Unread 06-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #15
Motobilt
1992 YJ Wrangler 

A local kid in town has one. I was not too impressed with the bumper when I had to remove and reinstall it a few days ago. Then again I have 2 or three bumpers over the years and a little more picky than most. I agree with one of the above comments.... you get what you pay for.

-Dan DuBose

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.