JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Fabrication Shop (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/)
-   -   Jeep tj bumper???? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/jeep-tj-bumper-1531903/)

dougiee 06-03-2013 05:02 PM

Jeep tj bumper????

1 Attachment(s)
Any

Attachment 634017

one know where to find this bumper it was on eBay a while ago for $179 and now it's not on eBay, amazon...if u know where I can find it for that price please let me know!

Helldorado Customs 06-03-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougiee (Post 15515172)
Any one know where to find this bumper it was on eBay a while ago for $179 and now it's not on eBay, amazon...if u know where I can find it for that price please let me know!

You can find it here for $199:

http://truckandwinch.com/spyder-fron...6-jeep-tj.html

Good friend/customer that has one likes the "style" but admits the welding/fabrication of it matches what you pay for it. Just a review from someone who had one...

dougiee 06-03-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb Raider

Good friend/customer that has one likes the "style" but admits the welding/fabrication of it matches what you pay for it. Just a review from someone who had one...

Thanks I'll have to do some more research before I buy it but thanks for the advice :)

dougiee 06-03-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb Raider

Plus it says it has a 5 year warrantee for the welds and material.. Idk it seems like a nice bumper for me especially cuz I'm still in high school and have a tight budget.

SkippyPB13 06-04-2013 03:24 PM

Check e-autogrilles on eBay They have some very budget minded bumpers.

dougiee 06-04-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkippyPB13
Check e-autogrilles on eBay They have some very budget minded bumpers.

Do you know of the quality of there products??

sjones26573 06-04-2013 05:39 PM

My step-dad has the Tuff Stuff bumper and winch on his Jeep. I don't care for it at all. It feels very thin, like a good whack on a rock would cave it in. And IMO the winch is a piece of junk. He's had it about a year and you'd think it had been through 15 winters in the great salty north. My Warn is older than that and it looks brand new.

dougiee 06-04-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjones26573
My step-dad has the Tuff Stuff bumper and winch on his Jeep. I don't care for it at all. It feels very thin, like a good whack on a rock would cave it in. And IMO the winch is a piece of junk. He's had it about a year and you'd think it had been through 15 winters in the great salty north. My Warn is older than that and it looks brand new.

Damm I don't know what to do now I don't wanna buy a junk bumper but I'm also on a tight budget seeing how I don't have a job...cuz I really like the look of an aftermarket bumper, and I want something with tow hooks just in case I get stuck.

sjones26573 06-04-2013 09:55 PM

Throw some Reese tow hooks on the stock bumper and roll with it until your budget allows what you really want. That's what I did.

dougiee 06-04-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjones26573
Throw some Reese tow hooks on the stock bumper and roll with it until your budget allows what you really want. That's what I did.

Yea that's what I was thinking I'm probably gonna get those tow hooks, some lights from harbor freight, and pull the milk juggs off... Hopefully I can find a job soon so I can actually do what I want to my jeep

joeyk803c 06-05-2013 12:10 AM

I had one for a decent time before selling to go another direction. I was worried at first because of the price, but when I received it I was happy. 3/16" steel. Powdercoat was good. Had no issues with it while I had it. Welds were fine to me. Nothing crappy. I was very happy with it for the price. Only reason I sold I was because I decided to go the way of a custom stubby bumper.

dougiee 06-05-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeyk803c
I had one for a decent time before selling to go another direction. I was worried at first because of the price, but when I received it I was happy. 3/16" steel. Powdercoat was good. Had no issues with it while I had it. Welds were fine to me. Nothing crappy. I was very happy with it for the price. Only reason I sold I was because I decided to go the way of a custom stubby bumper.

Humm I don't no what to do now cuz some ppl say its good and some say it's not idk what to do.

samuraisavr 06-10-2013 12:39 AM

the quality is what you'd expect it to be for a $200 bumper. If you want something that "looks" like a offroad bumper, then this is it. If you want a offroad bumper, and your idea of offroad is a logging trail or the scenic route through the national forest, this might still be your bumper. If you want a bumper you can drag over rocks in Colorado or Moab, You might look elsewhere...

dougiee 06-10-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samuraisavr
the quality is what you'd expect it to be for a $200 bumper. If you want something that "looks" like a offroad bumper, then this is it. If you want a offroad bumper, and your idea of offroad is a logging trail or the scenic route through the national forest, this might still be your bumper. If you want a bumper you can drag over rocks in Colorado or Moab, You might look elsewhere...

Yea I defiantly don't do ant hardcore offroading I mostly want it for the d rings, witch plate for If I get stuck, and the looks

Motobilt 06-11-2013 08:33 AM

A local kid in town has one. I was not too impressed with the bumper when I had to remove and reinstall it a few days ago. Then again I have 2 or three bumpers over the years and a little more picky than most. I agree with one of the above comments.... you get what you pay for.

-Dan DuBose

The time now is 09:03 PM.