I not sure if this is the right area to ask this but lol - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > I not sure if this is the right area to ask this but lol

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 02-11-2014, 08:18 PM   #1
Technoterra

I not sure if this is the right area to ask this but lol

Im looking to buy a push bar/brush guard/whatever you wanna call it and a winch for a decent price, does anyone have any websitea to recommend? I didnt find squat on Ebay so Im calling out to fellow jeepers for help! THANKS!

Technoterra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2014, 08:20 PM   #2
JbmLaredo

If you are comfortable with a welder a JCR DIY winch bumper is your best bet and winches.... U get what u pay for
JbmLaredo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2014, 08:29 PM   #3
Technoterra

Cant fond where to buy em for a decent price
Unread 02-11-2014, 08:30 PM   #4
Technoterra

Find* sorry Im on my phone lol
Unread 02-11-2014, 08:52 PM   #5
tjcj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

JCRoffroad.com or check out the vendors section here at JF. A lot of great vendors some of them even give JF discounts.
Unread 02-11-2014, 09:51 PM   #6
Technoterra

Thank you, do you know of a place that sells them (not DIY lol) for 99 jeep grand cherokee?
Unread 02-12-2014, 01:17 AM   #7
AtTheHelm

Try including 'WJ' in your searches..
If you want to run a 'bull bar' set up, check out Fawkes Fabrication. They make brackets that move the bar up higher (better) along with a front receiver set up with shackle tabs. Great guy running that business too.
http://www.fawkesfab.com/FMD/off-road/

If you want a full winch bumper, the first that comes to my mind is Kevin's Offroad.
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/cart/wj...ght-bar-p-824/
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 12:00 PM   #8
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Terra, check your email. I think this will just be a duplicate, but it might be worth it for other folks to see.

We do not make bull bars or winches, rather we make modular components that allow you to mount bull bars and/or winches. If I have a handle on what you'd like to do, you would need to buy a winch, winch cradle, shackles and bull bar from someone else, and then install one of the MiniMax kits we make and sell here.

The price for our components is $398.25 + Shipping.

As examples, this is a winch mounted in a Warn Winch cradle. It slides into the recovery/receiver we make:

(Bilzcat's photo)

Here’s the recovery/receiver set up we sell, bare (without the winch cradle attached):

(Bilzcat's photo)

This is what it looks like installed (you only put the winch on when you need it).

(Bilzcat's photo)

In addition, we make bull bar relocation mounts that bolt on the assembly above. Our mounts fit specific part numbers from Westin, as well as the WJ bars from TruckGearDirect.com

When those additional mounts and bull bar are installed, the assembly looks like this:

(Fosterjd79's photo)

As best as I am aware, this is currently your only option for running both a bull bar and a winch, without A) some serious DIY fab work, or B) buying a full custom winch bumper with hoop (the RC bolt-on winch cradle is incompatible with bull bars/brush guards).

Hope that all helped!

Click to order:
WJ Stand-Alone Shackle Tabs.
WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Kits.

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Fawkes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.