I need your specs and pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > I need your specs and pics

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-27-2013, 10:08 PM   #1
czerbel
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I need your specs and pics

Hi all I'm trying to accumulate a vast amount of measurements and specs for anything that can be built. Bumpers rock sliders tube fenders basically a schematic or measurements where things bolt to the frame eccetra anything can help. Thanks all. Any model any vehicle please verify.

czerbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 02:17 AM   #2
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Why, starting up a fab business?
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
aggiejon
1979 CJ7 

Have you tried a ruler and a big chief tablet?
aggiejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
AtTheHelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiejon
Have you tried a ruler and a big chief tablet?
Kind of saw a comment like this coming.

Czerbel- I don't know exactly what your intentions are, but people who have all these measurements don't usually just give them away unless its in their interest.
If you are trying to start a fabrication gig, offer a free or heavily discounted product to the testing vehicle's owner. That's how a lot of companies get their catalog of parts going.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
czerbel
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm

Kind of saw a comment like this coming.

Czerbel- I don't know exactly what your intentions are, but people who have all these measurements don't usually just give them away unless its in their interest.
If you are trying to start a fabrication gig, offer a free or heavily discounted product to the testing vehicle's owner. That's how a lot of companies get their catalog of parts going.
No more or less down to being highschool auto and we got some jeeps but need help with building them up to play around with them it's no benefit to me
Unread 07-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #6
aggiejon
1979 CJ7 

I would think the design component would be an important part of the learning process. Sketch it out, make measurements, refine, mock it up, test fit, modify, test,and eventually final weld and finish.

But that's just my opinion.
aggiejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #7
czerbel
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiejon
I would think the design component would be an important part of the learning process. Sketch it out, make measurements, refine, mock it up, test fit, modify, test,and eventually final weld and finish.

But that's just my opinion.
See now that's the thing is ( and thank you for being polite I'm sorry to offend people I didn't kno it would.) I don't really have access to these cars so all I would really want is car spec like xj rocker panel is blank inches long and you rock slider would have to be blank inches from the frame then I can fully attempt the rest on my own. I just don't wanna go runnin up to people's cars in the Parkin lot and seeing there face wen I explain I'm just getting specs off there car
Unread 07-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #8
DualPurposeXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by czerbel View Post
See now that's the thing is ( and thank you for being polite I'm sorry to offend people I didn't kno it would.) I don't really have access to these cars so all I would really want is car spec like xj rocker panel is blank inches long and you rock slider would have to be blank inches from the frame then I can fully attempt the rest on my own. I just don't wanna go runnin up to people's cars in the Parkin lot and seeing there face wen I explain I'm just getting specs off there car
why do you need to make parts for vehicles you don't have?
Unread 07-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #9
czerbel
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualPurposeXJ

why do you need to make parts for vehicles you don't have?
I'm an apprentice welder my boss wants to make some for god knows y he just said get sim measurements
Unread 08-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #10
Diamond-x
1991 XJ Cherokee 

For High school auto shop he should attempt to work a deal with a local auto wrecking yard and get a Cherokee at a reduced price. You know, as an educational aid.
Diamond-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #11
skullver
Tarpitz
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Even if the dimensions were supplied to you by a random person, would you trust them enough to go on those dimensions, without being able to confirm yourself if they fit along the way? Measure, cut, tack, mock-up, rinse repeat, is a pretty essential part of building anything. You also have to account for variances in dimensions for the same model/year vehicles, which is why you see lots of bumpers/sliders etc that have slotted holes to make it all fit for a given vehicle.

my Jeepspeed build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/dez-racer-xj-build-367176/
skullver is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.