i have a XJ that has the back cut off - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > i have a XJ that has the back cut off

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 09-17-2012, 11:00 PM   #1
PitQueen
1995 XJ Cherokee 

i have a XJ that has the back cut off

The back of my jeep has been hacked off. I love it but I would like to put a rack and a soft top on it. Along with a half exo. Can anyone direct me to some good pictures so I can get some ideas going?

PitQueen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
ltrail
1984 XJ Cherokee 

I hope someone caged the inside before or during that ? Structural integrity is lost when hacking a unibody. I'd say google will provide all the pics you could desire.
Unread 09-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
Apostle
2013 JK Wrangler 

go to Naxja.org

[CENTER]You'll get over it[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire[/SIZE]
Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
PitQueen
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Ya I Google imaged some :-) I just was wondering if someone on here would have better pics. There is bars on the back and a bar in the center ( for now) I want to do a half exo on the out side and then do some sort of a roll bar X on the inside
Unread 09-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #5
ltrail
1984 XJ Cherokee 

I would run a b pillar hoop for the eventual harness mounting and go from there out and back down the rear. I'm doing an exo(minus the cut rear ) in the future and plan to tie into the frame, sliders, and have cross bars going from frame up through floor for seat mounting. More the better with the unibody, keep it reasonable though. 1.5-1.75/.120 dom should be fine.
Unread 09-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #6
PitQueen
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Okay. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks. I just don't want to add to much to make it overly heavy.
Unread 09-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #7
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You want pictures. This will keep you busy for a few minutes.
http://www.xjdb.com/modules.php?name=gallery2
Have fun
Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.