Hunstman 951P? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Hunstman 951P?

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings BlastIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
sailsurf7713
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hunstman 951P?

Fixed shade model. Anyone using one? I don't like my current helmet due to the fact that it doesn't have a lock so it either falls down on its own or doesn't flip all the way down with a nod of the head, so looking for something different.

Was gonna order a 951P with a gold filter plate. Just looking to get some feedback, even though its not super expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97flexy View Post
...I say don't lift but CUT. :)
My Rusty Revival
sailsurf7713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Search the net for a the best deal on a Jackson Halo-X hood with the Jackson 370 headgear for it......

The Hood only weighs 6 ounces,and its the full view large common lense,and headgear is THEE BEST i've ever used,every adjustment you think of ,in and out from the face,up and down...and it has a "lock" when in the up position so it never falls down on your face when you don't want it too,and a big knob to tighten the band makes it easy to adjust when wearing thick gloves...i've been using one with the NexGen lense in it for about 4 years and it's my favorite to this day to use..

The ONLY downside is the 370 headgear seems to tear in some weak points after alot of use,but how comfortable it is and how it works is well worth it to me to spend around 15.00 every year or longer on new headgear,depending on if it's been sitting in a gang box getting banged around or not..

I have that same Huntsman hood hanging in my shop that was givin to me as a replacement from a company i was working and my old Jackson Shadow got damaged...it's just "OK",just seem too small for my comfort and the head gear sucks...

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
sailsurf7713
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you. Any other passive helmet recommendations? I don't really need something super lightweight, just something of good quality with good headgear. I don't mind buying different headgear. If the halo is the best, I'll go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97flexy View Post
...I say don't lift but CUT. :)
My Rusty Revival
sailsurf7713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.