Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

How to install a stinger ?

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  89YJBuilder 
#1 ·
I'm getting ready to install a stinger. Im' curious about how to determine the proper length and angle.

I want it to prevent me from going over forward in the event I'm ever in that condition.

#4 ·
Thank you. This is my first build. I'm complexly obsessed. I wake up thinking jeep, I go to be thinking jeep. I've had to hire people to do stuff around my home because I've lost interest in most of it. I'll still shoot my guns, but the jeep comes first.

My rear bumper turned out nice. I think I want to figure a way to support my tire on the bumper when the swing gate is closed. It's just seems like a lot of weight.

I'm learning alot about how much a weld will hold. steel is much stronger than I thought it was. I haven't ever seen any testing, or numbers of how things hold together. I'm going by the seat of my pants right now.

I have a mig and a tig. I really like the tig, but I'm not very good with it. I use it every day, and some days I"m not so bad, and some days I'm all bad.

It's all fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.