Hood mount for Hi-Lift (why must I be difficult) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Hood mount for Hi-Lift (why must I be difficult)

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Hood mount for Hi-Lift (why must I be difficult)

OK, So I just got off the phone with my wife. aparantly her and my 3yo littl boy were in the shed trying to get some crap out when my Hi-Lift came crashing down and nearly took my sons nogging out. Needless to say she was pissed, considering she has told me to do something else with it about 100 times this past summer.
I really have nowhere to put the thing; the shed is packed full, no garage, no basement, no spare room... you get the point.
So I figure I'll just mount it to my hood... and since my Jeep is old and beat all to hell, it won't look like just another hipster hood ornament.
But here's the problem, my Jeep and I are seperated for the next 12 hours and I want to mke the mount tonight. I thought about just running a long 3/8" bolt up through one of the hinge holes and using washers/nuts to mount it, but we don't have any that are long enough here at work. But I do have a laser, press brake, welder, etc.
So can one of you gentlement help me out with the dimensions I need or a diagram of some sort of one that you have possibly made? It sucks not being able to gather this info on my own, but I can't access my Jeep until I get off work in the morning, and I figure I'll just make the mount, install it when I get off, and drive home to mount the hi-Lift before I hit the sack.
Nothing elaborate mind you, just a couple of brackets to mount to the hood hinges that rise up about 3 inches or so and have bolts to mount that sucker to.
So if anyone would be so kind and help a poor fallah out, I'd appreciate it.

DISCLAIMER: I (usually) browse the web using Elinks in a (text only) terminal. Which means I do not have image viewing support. So if you get confused by my seemingly inability to comment on your pictures, emoticons, etc; now you know why.
If you're still confused click here to see how I view the forum.
Brandon_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.