Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Homemade long arms

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  -cAcHe- 
#1 ·
I'm planning on making a set of long arms for my tj this winter break. I am going to use jj's and radial arms in the front, much like this http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/long-arm-build-tj-532320/index4.html

I have a 3.25" lift right now with 33's. I don't think the front should be too tough but it's the rear i'm worried about. pretty much everything will be the same as Tommy R did in the link but i was hoping there would be a different way to do the rear because i didn't want to truss a d35. are there any other options for the rear or is 3 link the only option? thanks in advance :cheers:

#2 ·
you can still long arm the rear with the stock axle mounts you just have to leave the track bar on. thats how a 4 and 6" rough country long arm kit is. sorry didnt look at the other thread but if the rear has a truss it is a triangulated 3 or 4 link set-up. the triangulated set up will keep the axle centered just from the angle the control arm are and if there strait like the rough country setup the track bar keeps the axle centered. 3 and 4 link setups CAN be a real pain. just look at diff long arm kits and kind of copy them. Travis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.