Homebrew Trailer from an 8.25 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Homebrew Trailer from an 8.25

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 08-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #16
Netpackrat
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbob View Post
I have never understood the idea behind using a vehicle differential for a trailer axle. Not that there is anything majorly wrong with it and to each his own and all that rot, but I figure if a differential is cheap enough to get from a junk yard it probably is indeed junk.
Usually you take the entire back end of the pickup truck it was taken from, including frame, springs, suspension, etc, and modify the front for a tongue. I couldn't imagine building a trailer from scratch around a vehicle axle, but I've used trailers made from the salvaged back end of a pickup truck, and they worked fine.

Netpackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2010, 08:08 AM   #17
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If you wanted to fab an axle yourself then spindles from an old D44 or front of a Ford Ranger plus some tubing wouldn't be too hard or expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8.25 , axle , backing plates , trailer , trailer build

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.