home fab roof rack idea..... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > home fab roof rack idea.....

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutDon't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!

Unread 01-10-2008, 01:53 PM   #16
jclaudii
1999 WJ 

I'm also looking for pics to make sure I do it right

http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505524

jclaudii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2008, 09:15 PM   #17
doug_1994
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Make your own bender. Just get this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Name=WDVW&rd=1

Doug

Plato
doug_1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2008, 11:02 AM   #18
Keelentime
2003 TJ Wrangler 

jclaudii; did you ever build your rack? I would love to see pics.... I was planning on this build as well, so did as search and found your posts. Maybe another thread will get the wheels spinning again.

[QUOTE=robncar;5113545]It took me a while to realize urine was yellow and shouldn't have blood in it[/QUOTE]
Keelentime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2008, 03:57 PM   #19
jclaudii
1999 WJ 

Slow progress. We have gotten a new house and and with a baby on the way this project was placed on hold. I did however pick up 40 feet, 4 10' sections, of square tube. I have also fabbed up the brackets that mount to the windshield frame.

I figure for the rear hinge I'm going to use a heavy duty hinge I found at Tractor Supply. This looked easier than fabbing up my own hinge.

I'm going to tackle the tail light brackets next. I want to get the brackets on and the hinge tacked in place before I go cutting tube for the height and length. I want this thing to be as low to the roof as possible. I think I'm going to go with some 3/16 plate for the tail light brackets, but have not found a good place to get it around here yet.

Keelentime, have you got a cage built yet?
jclaudii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 11:33 AM   #20
Digger838
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in the process of building a roof rack aswell, I am using a piece of aluminum ladder conduit got the rack itself and plan on making it hingable at the rear so I can flip it and have a make shift canopy here is a picture of my starting point image-1958110371.jpg image-3009413711.jpg I plan on using the windshield bracket and making a custom bracket of fog light brackets, on the back I will be mounting it to the 2 bumper bolts on either side probably using 1.5" conduit or aluminum tubing for the poles to attach the rack to jeep, I have a few other hand drawings to illustrate what I will be doing at the attachment points on the top side of the rack image-1419604904.jpg I will be starting my own thread as soon as I start actually building the roof rack, Any input in always appreciated Thank you

Last edited by Digger838; 01-21-2014 at 12:31 PM..
Digger838 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.