home fab roof rack idea..... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > home fab roof rack idea.....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #16
jclaudii
1999 WJ 

I'm also looking for pics to make sure I do it right

http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505524

jclaudii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2008, 08:15 PM   #17
doug_1994
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Make your own bender. Just get this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Name=WDVW&rd=1

Doug

Plato
doug_1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2008, 10:02 AM   #18
Keelentime
2003 TJ Wrangler 

jclaudii; did you ever build your rack? I would love to see pics.... I was planning on this build as well, so did as search and found your posts. Maybe another thread will get the wheels spinning again.

[QUOTE=robncar;5113545]It took me a while to realize urine was yellow and shouldn't have blood in it[/QUOTE]
Keelentime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2008, 02:57 PM   #19
jclaudii
1999 WJ 

Slow progress. We have gotten a new house and and with a baby on the way this project was placed on hold. I did however pick up 40 feet, 4 10' sections, of square tube. I have also fabbed up the brackets that mount to the windshield frame.

I figure for the rear hinge I'm going to use a heavy duty hinge I found at Tractor Supply. This looked easier than fabbing up my own hinge.

I'm going to tackle the tail light brackets next. I want to get the brackets on and the hinge tacked in place before I go cutting tube for the height and length. I want this thing to be as low to the roof as possible. I think I'm going to go with some 3/16 plate for the tail light brackets, but have not found a good place to get it around here yet.

Keelentime, have you got a cage built yet?
jclaudii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #20
Digger838
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in the process of building a roof rack aswell, I am using a piece of aluminum ladder conduit got the rack itself and plan on making it hingable at the rear so I can flip it and have a make shift canopy here is a picture of my starting point image-1958110371.jpg image-3009413711.jpg I plan on using the windshield bracket and making a custom bracket of fog light brackets, on the back I will be mounting it to the 2 bumper bolts on either side probably using 1.5" conduit or aluminum tubing for the poles to attach the rack to jeep, I have a few other hand drawings to illustrate what I will be doing at the attachment points on the top side of the rack image-1419604904.jpg I will be starting my own thread as soon as I start actually building the roof rack, Any input in always appreciated Thank you

Last edited by Digger838; 01-21-2014 at 11:31 AM..
Digger838 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.