Hobart Model Handler 150 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Hobart Model Handler 150

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
Faramir66103
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hobart Model Handler 150

I may have the opportunity to buy a Hobart Model Handler 150 and am wondering if this would be a decent garage welder. I don't know if it's the 110V or 220V version, though I will find out. The offer doesn't include a tank or regulator and the price is $350 firm. It's been many years since I've done any welding and I'm wanting to re-learn so that I can deal with basic fab and/or repair tasks, not only on the Jeep, but also around the house. The heaviest tasks I think I would take on would be cage additions to the TJ, skid plate mods, or perhaps bumpers and/or frame tie ins. The lightest would probably be stuff the thickness of the sheet of the tub.

I'll continue to read the many helpful stickies, but time may be a factor in this purchase, so I am hoping the JF Folks can offer some advice.

Thanks,
Adam

'99 TJ Sport, 4.0 I6, 5 speed manual transmission, Hi Lift w/offroad kit, Viair 450C compressor, Garmin GPS, Skid Row Engine/Transmission, steering box & radiator skid plates, Kilby gas tank plate, AtoZ Fab full length rocker guards, Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift, OME 2.5" HD springs & shocks, JKS trackbars front & rear, BFG AT 33x12.5r15, EBC Yellow pads and Centric rotors
Faramir66103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

I had a HH 140 at one point. Was a reliable consistent welder. No problems with it. I think you would be happy with it. $350 seems a bit much, I would think somewhere around 250 with a max of 300 if it's in perfect working order. I think they went for around 500 new. The 140 goes for just under 500 depending on location.
Helldorado Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #3
DualPurposeXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

If your gonna do any cage work with it make sure it's 220V

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.