Hello we are students in high school working on our senior year engineering project.We wanted to have a project that pertained to Jeeps seeming we both drive Wranglers.We have decided to take on the challenge of creating an automatic Jeep top. The idea of the top is that it will go up whenever it rains and the Jeep is in park. It would be great help if you guys could take this short survey for our class.
Thanks from fellow Jeepers
1. On a scale of one to ten how helpful would having automatic Jeep Top be?(10 being the highest) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
8 (no air conditioning, much cooler with top down in summer)
2. Have you ever had your Jeep get soaked because you didn’t go out in the rain and put your top up? Yes No
Yes - Soft top too much work, so I went with safari top
3. Do you see this as being a worthwhile investment and if so how much would you pay for it? $___________
I see this in the 300-400 dollar range. It also depends on complexity of solution and how "weatherproof" it is.
4. Is there anything else that you think the top should go up or down for?
Be easily removable so you don't kill it off roading on a tree/rock. "easy" to me means about 15 minutes and one average person can do it. It would be ideal if it supported existing bestop softtops
5. Would you prefer this over having to put up the top manually?
It took me 1.5 hours to "convert" my jeep into rain mode (putting on the soft top) Having an automatic version would make that a less daunting task (and why my jeep just got rained on in the last 2 years.
6. Tell us a little about your Jeep; what year, aftermarket parts, etc…