Hi-Lift jack installed on rollcage - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Hi-Lift jack installed on rollcage

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 08-18-2003, 08:03 AM   #16
FanAholic
2007 MK Compass 

barrow someone elses thats on the trail with you so you have more than one to make it more stable.

FanAholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2003, 08:36 AM   #17
k
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Same thing but I used a garage door railing so the jack can rest on

Got a write-up and some more pics on my flickr account.
my jeep | 01 TJ Sport 4.0L I-6 auto - BFG MT/KM 32x11.50 - AR767 15x8 w/ 4" BS - 2" Tera 2T - DT Pre-Runner 8000 - Pioneer DEH-P6700MP - Adjustable Front Track Bar | 6" Xenon Flat Fender flares - JKS Quick Discos | soon: New shocks

Last edited by k; 04-25-2008 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: Finally got the pic online in my flickr and the write-up back up :)
k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2003, 09:03 AM   #18
GMagana

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanAholic
barrow someone elses thats on the trail with you so you have more than one to make it more stable.
Not sure that this is gonna help at all, and now you got two jacks to worry about. I usually just have one person "man the jack" If someone who knows the hi-lift keeps tabs on it you'll be fine. Make sure it's on a stable surface, make sure it's not leaning, and keep a tight grip on the handle which should be locked up out of the way as soon as you stop lifting/lowering. The handle is what can be scary. You don't expect it to do anything. If the jack is leaning you "expect" it may fall so you fix that. The handle you think is your friend until it rips away from your hands and takes a swing at your face! Just exercise caution and don't leave it unattended.
Unread 09-11-2003, 08:37 AM   #19
BluesMan
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Put the nut on, drill a hole through the threads and back the nut off to clean the threads. You can slip a lock on then.
BluesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2003, 06:48 PM   #20
1bdyj

A guy I know got hit in the face by a High-Lift handle. the handle got away from him and smacked him in the cheek, The handle inbedded itself into his face almost flush. He shattered his cheekbone and almost lost an eye. Needless to say, he spent a long time in the hospital and went through alot of rehab. He's ok now....but doesn't go near a high-Lift any more! Whenever I use mine, I spray lube it real well b4 I try to jack anything up, especially the two pins that tend to get stuck.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.