Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Help, opinions building tube fenders

4K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Tomb Raider 
#1 ·
Hello, I've got a 94 wrangler with quite a bit of lift and I wanna build some tube fenders since I just got a welder. Any ideas or tips on how I should do it? Some photos of your custom built fenders would be awesome. Maybe some instructions too and an idea on how much the metal will cost. I'm asking a lot haha but I'd appreciate any help at all thanks! Here's the what I got

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Maybe it's not tube fenders that I want I just my frnders the look close the stock but the flat look of tube fenders but I want them pretty big same size or lil bigger then stock or the front and just bigger then the flares on the back. Anyone have pics of that haha sorry

#10 ·
I went with the front and rear pre-bent kits from Trailtubes, they're still in process and huge to comply with PA requirements but overall I like em. I tied the rear tubes into the smittybilt wraps after I stripped the finish off them. The stock inner fenders were removed and welded into the fronts after this pic was taken, just need to skin them with 18 gauge and paint.

http://www.trailtubes.com/

Attachments

#16 ·
Hey, thanks, I appreciate that. I always swore I'd never buy a square headlight Jeep, even up until the day I saw the listing for it on Craigs. Once I saw the pics though, it all went out the window. I may do a CJ grill/hood conversion on it one day, but for now, I don't mind it nearly as much as I thought I would. A Jeep is a Jeep. :thumbsup:

Those pics are from Four Peaks Trail near Phoenix. The lake you can see in the second picture is Roosevelt Lake. Here is my EveryTrail log from that trip.
http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=2443351

... and another pic of it from the side that I meant to add to my previous post.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.