Help Me decide to become a Vendor please - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Help Me decide to become a Vendor please

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 10-17-2013, 06:30 AM   #91
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Takes a lot of courage to come on here and wear your heart on your sleeve in a public forum. Good for you.

As for making mistakes in the business place. While we all strive for perfection in our builds/projects/products.. it's unrealistic to think that mistakes will never happen. The true test of a business, is how we handle those mistakes. My motto is, "Don't make excuses.. just make it right."

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #92
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyRoark89 View Post
....My stubborn pride had a hard time resorting to something I had never done nor planned on doing and that was to ask my parents for help. They agreed and bought me a grey hound bus ticket to their place in Montana. With a sense of stability and security I was able to really focus on getting a new job and start working my way out of the hole I dug.
Wow man, never knew it got THAT bad, but I can relate. I've actually been in that same sort of situation. Down & out, nowhere to turn. Support from friends and family is worth its weight in gold in times like those. Glad to see you had the wherewithal to make use of it.

Quote:
Since I have been back from Alaska I decided to forgo my next trip up there and roll the dice on myself and my business and my ability to succeed in both. And since I committed to it nearly 12 whole weeks ago things have been going great. We have had more people referred to us from customers than we have had people respond to an add. Its been really hectic for just a 2 man operation and truthfully it wasnt until a month ago when I bought a new xj that becoming a vendor was suddenly something I felt I should be pursuing.
Good for you man, congrats (and best of luck) on getting the biz up and going. And congrats on getting another XJ.

Quote:
....A man is only worth his word and a hand shake on a job well done.
Wise words man.

Quote:
To those 4 people who I believe at least 2 of them to be members of jeep forum I want to offer you the product you originally purchased from me a bumper, rack, sliders or whatever it was rebuilt and made brand new to your exact specifications and attention to detail free of charge in exchange for nothing but my clear conscious in at least making an effort to right the past. ( so if you are one of those 4 people please contact me, and also please refrain from pretending to be one of those 4 people. I remember the people pretty well as far as appearance because I dodged their calls for some time. It would waste my time and just be bad karma headed your way)
Email sent.

Quote:
Sorry this is getting long but I felt that in order for me to be successful in my future endeavors with my shop and on this forum I had to be honest about who I was, who I am, and who I strive to be. And though the anonymity of the internet is a wonderful thing im not afraid to be honest.
That takes balls man, good for you.
NW99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #93
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wow! That's a rough couple years! Good to hear a success story out of that though!

I looked into a vendor account a month or so ago & couldn't choke down the $300 A MONTH! price tag. Maybe if things take off a bit more, but not at the moment. Hope it works out for you though!

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #94
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

So you come here looking for advice and encouragement. Sorry you went through the ordeal after the accident. Okay now back to business. First thing that came to mind when I was reading through your post was that you're working 7 days a week. Quit that. You'll burn out and turn the business into the manager of your life and that aint healthy by any means. Sometimes in business you have to learn to say no to a customer and even turn down a job. It's a hard pill to swallow and many things can come into play as to why you should do that. One being you're already overextending yourself, you can't do it all. That causes stress. Another being the person that wants you to do something is one of those that can't be pleased and will bad mouth you from now on. Even God himself can't please that person.

Another one. This is huge!!!!!! I mean huge. Just becuase the bank will loan you the money to buy or do something does not make it a wise decision. I know you may think you have to have it and can't get along without it but sometimes we have to farm work out to another shop till we can afford to get that equipment that allows us to do it in house. The less money you can borrow in life the better. Tear the credit card up to, use a debit card. Don't allow yourself to run up that account with the steel supplier and find they NEED to carry you another month. Watch your spending and try to keep enough money in your account to cover expenses in case you don't get paid in time. It happnes. Dave Ramsey is right...cash is king!

You have someone that knows you that is plenty mature that you can bounce ideas off of? You need that. As you know we're not always right. Poor choices can take you down, and often will.

By now you may be thinking I'm ignorant or being hard on you. I could see why you'd think that. You may even think I'm trying to discourage you but that's where you're wrong. Here's why. I have core beliefs and part of those is my knowing that when this country was founded it was by people that had dreams of being free and not dependant on others. Maybe that strkes a cord with you, I hope so. This can't be about money, it has to be about a deep desire that you can't explain but for those of us that have walked this life we know. You have to get beyond yourself too. If God blesses you with prosperity then share it. You fab stuff, well there's folks that can't and maybe some Boy Scout group or local VFW Post needs something made and there's your chance to shine. To offer your skill to them free. Yes free. Choose your own place to offer this service but by all means do so. Not only is it good for them but it is you too.

Now back to American! Let's see. Eliphat Remington started making rifles for his friends in his dad's barn. That's where Remington Arms got started. I see a similiar trait here....you started in the garage. How many times did the Wright brothers fail before they flew their airplane? George Washington Carver took the plain old peanut and fed millions after the Civil War. These people had dreams and you do too. That's one of the things this nation is famous for. Now you want to be a part of that. Do so with pride and honor. I firmly belive it's the will of God for us to excell with the skill we have. We live where we can pursue that, athough it's under assualt. Defend "MADE IN USA"!!!! Make what you do the very best. It's being a true American! We owe it to those before us and those that follw to do our best.

I walked away from the steady paycheck June 2nd 2000 and have been glad ever since. There's been tough times and will be more. You will have plenty. Stay humble. You asked for help here. Good idea. I offer what help I can be to you. You'll find out what help all of use can provide on your own, just get to know us. Finally I wish you the very best in your business. I hope it supplies your finacial needs. I hope it is a blessing to not only you but others. Make time away from it for Danny though. You're young and maybe not married but someday you might be. Balance it out, it can be done trust me. I'm here if you ever need anything, just ask.
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 08:00 AM   #95
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Excellent words of wisdom, and some great advice there Jim.
NW99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #96
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Definately good stuff Jim!

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
building bumpers , bumper sales , making bumpers , selling , vendor , vendor account

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.