help with engineering adjustable light rack - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > help with engineering adjustable light rack

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
bigred15

help with engineering adjustable light rack

Hey I am an engineering student and as a group project we are wanting to create a better way to "light the way". We are wanting to develop a lighting system for your off-road jeep that is better than what you currently have. What I am looking for is basically a "customer need" you are the customer, what do you wish your jeep had that it doesn't currently have in means of lighting. Whether it be adjustable/moveable bulbs... So the question is what do you wish your light rack or lighting system had the ability to do that it currently doesn't. Be as demanding as you can be. I will post our progress as the semester continues. Thanks in advance for your posts.

Last edited by bigred15; 09-13-2012 at 04:16 PM..
bigred15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Diamond-x
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I see this thread has gone unanswered. So, in the interest of your continued education, I'll throw out a few requests.

In California, I don't know about other states, you can't drive around with off-road lights that can be used at any time. You have to cover them or point them down.
  • So a light-bar that folds down would be my first request.
  • A wide spread (think far-right, far-left) gives a better view of whats ahead.
  • The new LED's a really cool, use very little power, but throw off a fuzzy/hazy light. I prefer a bright halogen or HID.
  • A method of mounting to the bumper, or hood, or roof (consumers choice) would be a selling point.
That's it. Interested to see what you come up with. and of course, I'd be willing to test it out on my XJ for you!

Diamond-X
Diamond-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.