Hard Tonneau Cover Ideas? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Hard Tonneau Cover Ideas?

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 11-17-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
GA95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hard Tonneau Cover Ideas?

Has anyone made a hard tonneau cover? I'm thinking about making one, but i need some ideas. I'm thinking about plywood covered in Herculiner to make it weatherproof. Any tips or pictures would be great. Thanks

Unread 11-17-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
muddy93
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

it's a little more than just a tonneau, but here's what I built, it's made of 3/4" plywood, and covered with rattle can bed liner.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/y...ite-up-596248/
Unread 01-28-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
gr8tops
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2006 LJ Wrangler 

GR8TOPS halfcabs & bed covers

We have initially prototyped a couple. we have the mold done .. still working on the hardware. struts are easy.. hinge point is what is giving us the challenge the way we designed the cover. Its all one piece but we may end up going with 2 pieces to accomodate and make the hinge point easy. pictures show on a Lj.. but we can make the cover any length we need to.. and also assumes your rear cage is not obstructing.

If you notice, the lines of it are almost the same contour lines as the hood on the TJ.

there are not any shown on the pictures, but it will be lockable and weathertight. of course would work best with one of our existing GR8TOPS half hardops but probably could make it work with a half softop.

link to our halftops

give us any feedback. always looking for some beta customers too.

Last edited by gr8tops; 01-28-2010 at 01:58 PM..
gr8tops is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2010, 01:52 PM   #4
Mayfair_Jeeper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Where are you guys in lexington? Id love to stop by sometime and see your operation
Mayfair_Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #5
540i
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Looks nice, I like!
540i is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.