GPS Mount for Roll Bar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > GPS Mount for Roll Bar

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 06-14-2009, 09:44 PM   #1
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

GPS Mount for Roll Bar

I've got a Garmin 76Csx and used to use this mount: http://www.mountguys.com/product_p/010-10305-00.htm

I had it double sided taped on left side of the dash above the vent, but it rattled and shook like crazy. It worked ok, but when I put the roll cage in I lost this space. I wanted to mount the GPS to the roll bar and tried to figure out some way to swivel the GPS in 360 degrees all directions but finally came to the conclusion it was a waste of time.

I made a tube clamp on the lathe (with coconut oil!):

Here's the sandblasted clamp:

Welded a 1/4" tab to that, drilled a hole in my existing GPS mount and the tab - and put a stainless bolt through it:

Installed:

Doesn't vibe near as much, its out of the way and easy to see!

Cost - $0

Last edited by Unlimited04; 06-15-2009 at 08:27 AM..
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2009, 12:40 AM   #2
Fogrunner
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Cool. Looks like a quality job.
Unread 06-15-2009, 12:55 AM   #3
el_magico
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Good work! Very nice.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.