Good Bender? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Good Bender?

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955New jk doors from steinjagerOconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops and

Unread 09-10-2003, 12:22 AM   #1
rumblee

Good Bender?

Ive been looking into buying a tubing bender, and am not sure of what to get. I want a manual bender. I have heard of a model 3 or model 4 i cant remember the number. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.

rumblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2003, 08:10 PM   #2
K9JEEP
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumblee
Ive been looking into buying a tubing bender, and am not sure of what to get. I want a manual bender. I have heard of a model 3 or model 4 i cant remember the number. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.
Yeap, as seen here...

http://www.jd2.com/

Runner up...
http://www.pro-tools.com/sitemap.htm
Unread 09-10-2003, 10:46 PM   #3
JIM79CJ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9JEEP
Both of these are Excellent benders ~ !

Custom Stuff--- [URL=http://www.JCfabanddesign.com]JC Fab & Design[/URL]
ORANGE JEEP CLUB
MEMBER # 1

1979 CJ7 / 304 /T 150 /HUGGER ORANGE PAINT JOB/ Lots of cool stuff
2003 Inca Gold Rubicon , <------ Sissy jeep :)
JIM79CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2003, 07:08 AM   #4
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

The JD is a better one for the price. The pro tools one is expensive and is colored. I've seen most 4x4 shops have the JD. with the JD all you would have to buy is the individual dies which run from $200-300bucks depending on size. Also the bender itself cost around 300 for a JD. So expect to spend 600bucks out right just to have the bender and one die.

I've been thinking about it long and hard if i should get one. I don't think it would benifit me right now, but eventually I will purchase a JD.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you get.
Unread 09-12-2003, 10:39 PM   #5
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkSkunk
The JD is a better one for the price. The pro tools one is expensive and is colored. I've seen most 4x4 shops have the JD. with the JD all you would have to buy is the individual dies which run from $200-300bucks depending on size. Also the bender itself cost around 300 for a JD. So expect to spend 600bucks out right just to have the bender and one die.

I've been thinking about it long and hard if i should get one. I don't think it would benifit me right now, but eventually I will purchase a JD.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you get.
A friend of mine and owner of 4wdfactory.com (a sponsor of this board), Had a JD and switched to a protools and now carry the protools with pretty decent prices. I have seen both benders and the protools is much beefier, every peice on the thing is alot thicker than on the JD. I don't knowif it would matter but it is something to think about.
tube yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2003, 12:45 AM   #6
eight

I like the other two pro-tools benders because the follower slides along with the tube, no friction. So followers don't wear out and the tube deosn't get scratched. My favorite is this one from protools.
Unread 09-16-2003, 07:43 AM   #7
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

cool I didn't know that about the protools. Very nice design, But because of my budget I'll probably go with the JD. Yeah the ProTools would be nice, but this is for me in a garage, not a full time 4wd shop. THanks for the tips guys
Unread 09-16-2003, 01:38 PM   #8
JIM79CJ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eight
I like the other two pro-tools benders because the follower slides along with the tube, no friction. So followers don't wear out and the tube deosn't get scratched. My favorite is this one from protools.
This is the one I will be purchasing for the shop !

Custom Stuff--- [URL=http://www.JCfabanddesign.com]JC Fab & Design[/URL]
ORANGE JEEP CLUB
MEMBER # 1

1979 CJ7 / 304 /T 150 /HUGGER ORANGE PAINT JOB/ Lots of cool stuff
2003 Inca Gold Rubicon , <------ Sissy jeep :)
JIM79CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.