Golf Club Rack - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Golf Club Rack

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-30-2008, 08:47 PM   #1
rxster

Golf Club Rack

Looking for a few ideas.

I was thinking it would be nice to be able to put my golf clubs on the outside of my jeep and it would look cool to. I'm interested to hear other ideas but this is what I was thinking.

Come off the reciever with metal tubing and basically make an I. Then use expanded metal to make 2-4 seperate baskets approx 12" deep (cant decide if I want to be able to carry 4 bags or not, usually don't have 4 players with me). Then bend flat bar into semi-circle above each bag to cradle the bag much like on a golf cart. Now i'm not sure where to go from here. Different golf bags are different diameters so I need a way to safely secure different size bags. I thought about making baskets much like the bottom for the top and then have it where half the basket opens up and then closes and locks over the top of the bag and clubs and you could then lock it and it would also keep your bags from being stolen if you had to stop somewhere and leave them on the jeep.

Any suggestions?

rxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 11:07 PM   #2
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxster View Post
Any suggestions?
Keep them inside the Jeep. Golf clubs are waayy to expensive (unless you play the walmart special) to have dangling anywhere outside of it.
Unread 05-01-2008, 04:13 AM   #3
rxster

Its the same principal as the luggage racks everyone attaches to the reciever and no one has a problem strapping down thier expensive cargo to those things.

........and i've been needing a new set of clubs anyway
rxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
DetroitMike

Course Horse Golf Bag Carrier

I was just looking for something similar and stumbled across this.....

http://www.etrailer.com/question-13864.html
DetroitMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.