front fishing rod holder - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > front fishing rod holder

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 06-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
JustinsCherokee
2001 WJ 

front fishing rod holder

Hey guys new on here so sorry if this has been asked before but, i bought accessories for my trucks roof and rear and i need a spot to put my fishing poles, I have a 2001 wj and i have the 2 hooks on the front. I want to take the passenger one off (2 bolts) and put a rod holder there (for 3 rods) but i cant find one anywhere to buy one and i want it to look clean. I'm an OK welder but not the best, has anyone seen or built something like this before? I dont want both hooks gone just incase it but i have no use for having 2 and it's the perfect place for them. Thanks in advance guys.

JustinsCherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
AtTheHelm

You could make a removable system with a receiver and round tube/pipe for the rod holders. Parts for all that are readily available and not expensive.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
GilNewJeeper
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm View Post
You could make a removable system with a receiver and round tube/pipe for the rod holders. Parts for all that are readily available and not expensive.
X2, you could use something like this:

GilNewJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
JustinsCherokee
2001 WJ 

well i dont want to take up the whole front end with something like that cause i already have a carrier for the rear receiver hitch, i just want something small out of the way for where the passenger side front hook goes, i still want the other hook still in (not that I've even been stuck but you never know) has anyone seen something like that for like 3 fishing rods?
JustinsCherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #5
WranglerRouser
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Put in a front bumper hitch
WranglerRouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #6
attackcammel
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Get some PVC pipe that your rods fit in and bolt it to a piece of wood then get Ann L bracket from the hardware store drill a few holes and bolt the one side to the wood and the other to where the bolts for the hook goes.

Or you can always just mount the PVC to the carrier you have in the back keeping the rods out of the way looking down the road I know there not bulky but it would bug me to have them there
Ordinary cars lie to you. They tell you that everything is controlled, warm, safe, smooth ---- we know this is a general falsehood. There is extreme beauty in the world and the best way to find it is to be out in it --- all the way. In a Jeep. Cause you can't get there in a Camry.
attackcammel is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.