Floor jack adapter - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Floor jack adapter

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Toxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 06-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
bullchuck
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Floor jack adapter

So i need to put my hitch on and i didnot have 4 hands to help hold the skid pan and the hitch at the same time. so i made this little adapter to hold the hitch in place and put jack stands under the skid pan to hold it. the adapter is made to adjust up and down to help level out the hitch when putting it on. this worked pretty slick.

Mark

jeep-003.jpg   jeep-004.jpg   jeep-005.jpg  
Unread 06-04-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

nice

thats some inginuity right there

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2011, 12:04 AM   #3
KMD
1976 CJ7 

brilliant nice work.
Unread 06-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #4
NashvilleTJ

2004 LJ Wrangler 

That's pretty slick. It would also be a huge help putting on a heavy bumper with a receiver.

How is it attached to the jack?
NashvilleTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
bullchuck
1999 XJ Cherokee 

i took a piece of sold round shaft 1-1/8" , drill and taped the center for a 1/2" bolt. i then cut a pice of heavy wall tubing for a spacer to help take out some slop, then spot welded some washers on to keep it and the bolt centered.

sence then i have also added a handle to help twist the main handle to lower the jack. always a pain when you have oil or grease on your hands. the handle is made out of 3/4" black pipe, it fit perfict.

Thanks Mark
001.jpg   002.jpg   jeep-003-2-.jpg   jeep-005-2-.jpg  
Unread 06-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #6
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Shame on you, you have a Honda in your garage...haha.

I had to improvise on my floor jack. When I had my car, it was fine, but once I got my XJ I couldn't use it. a 5 dollars trip to lowes got me this.

2x4 riser.

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2015, 08:28 AM   #7
Ed ke6bnl

I was just wondering how well this would work to jack up the rear of the vehicle. have an adj. extension on the vertical piece and no need for the adjustable piece forgot its term and set it so it goes in the receiver at its near lowest point then jack up the entire rear of the vehicle. a thought
Ed ke6bnl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2015, 07:25 PM   #8
bigwahini
1998 TJ Wrangler 

If you don't already, you need to get a pat. pending on that. My brother actually had the idea of a bottle jack that is also a jackstand. Someone else produced it and made money.
bigwahini is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.