Flat TC skid - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 80 Old 05-21-2005, 06:46 PM
freakyone
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOTIE
I tried to post pics the other day, but could'nt fiqure out how (kind of computer illiterate). Maybe I could e-mail someone pics and they could post them for me. Or teach me how.
FYI. You will not be able to upload pics untill your post count is over 50.

Yellow Jeep Club Member # Y3110W J33P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 80 Old 05-23-2005, 11:51 AM
phlex234

so for a YJ all you ned is a BL and MML, SYE and CV driveshaft?
also on a YJ do you have to deal with tcase linkage?
ao all you have to do is switch the tranny mount to the other side and bolt up?

it seems to easy

HI, my name is phlex234 and i approve this message because it's my destiny

Jeep 2.5 Low Output club member #2
92 Red YJ, 3.5 Bds lift, 1" body lift, 1" motor mount lift, 33 in tires, long travel DT3000 shocks, m.o.r.e. 3/8 boomerang shackels, 4:56 gears, Tj flares, rock-it man front and rear bumper, Terraflex SYE and Tom Woods CV driveshaft, herculined tub, custom homemade rocker panels, powered by the almighty 4 cylinder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 80 Old 05-23-2005, 12:01 PM
tube yj
Web Wheeler

1949 CJ3A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlex234
so for a YJ all you ned is a BL and MML, SYE and CV driveshaft?
also on a YJ do you have to deal with tcase linkage?
ao all you have to do is switch the tranny mount to the other side and bolt up?

it seems to easy
I did not have to deal with the tcase linkage. At first i was running a 1 inch body lift on my rig when I installed the flat skid. The only clearence issue I had was the muffler rattleing on the heat sheild. I pulled the heat sheild off and I never had an issue again.

Since then, I took the body lift off, and with a little massaging of the floor board with a sledge hammer everything cleared

post #34 of 80 Old 05-24-2005, 09:57 PM
phlex234

Quote:
Originally Posted by tube yj
I did not have to deal with the tcase linkage. At first i was running a 1 inch body lift on my rig when I installed the flat skid. The only clearence issue I had was the muffler rattleing on the heat sheild. I pulled the heat sheild off and I never had an issue again.

Since then, I took the body lift off, and with a little massaging of the floor board with a sledge hammer everything cleared
hey tube will a MML be necesarry? im gonna be doing this by the end of the month

92 Red YJ, 3.5 Bds lift, 1" body lift, 1" motor mount lift, 33 in tires, long travel DT3000 shocks, m.o.r.e. 3/8 boomerang shackels, 4:56 gears, Tj flares, rock-it man front and rear bumper, Terraflex SYE and Tom Woods CV driveshaft, herculined tub, custom homemade rocker panels, powered by the almighty 4 cylinder

post #35 of 80 Old 05-24-2005, 10:01 PM
tube yj
Web Wheeler

1949 CJ3A 

I have no idea, I would just say install the skid and see. If there is a problem you just put on the stock skid until you get the MML. Then you just have to swap the skids out later on.

On a side note, I may be selling my MML lift soon, so let me know if you end up needing a set

post #36 of 80 Old 06-02-2005, 05:54 PM
Oakey

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Are you guy bolting the the skid directly to the tranny ?? Or are you using some type of rubber mounting system ?

Thanks,

Shane Hill
a.k.a. -- O A K E Y --

1991 YJ Wrangler Type S
My Mods: "Too Much for SOME & Not Enough for OTHERS!"
post #37 of 80 Old 06-02-2005, 06:07 PM
phlex234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakey
Are you guy bolting the the skid directly to the tranny ?? Or are you using some type of rubber mounting system ?

Thanks,
im in middle of building mine and i will bolt the tranny directly to the skid, tubeYJ did as weel, and i saw pics of hooties and so did he

post #38 of 80 Old 06-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Oakey

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Does anyone with a YJ have the measuresment for the mounting holes on the frame ? I need the center bolt hole to center bolt hole from the drivers side to the passangers side on all (3) locations..... I have a template for the correct placement of the holes, Just lack the measurements across the stupid plate and I am away from my JEEP and cant measure it......

I'm trying to get my skid finished up .... Just need those measurments... I accidently washed my aligning marks off my skid while getting it ready to drill....

Thanks,

Shane Hill
a.k.a. -- O A K E Y --

1991 YJ Wrangler Type S
My Mods: "Too Much for SOME & Not Enough for OTHERS!"
post #39 of 80 Old 07-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Dave Taylor

There seems to have been several folks who have done the flat-tummy mode lately; since this post began.

Can some of you guys who have done it (and haven't posted pics yet) post your pics?

Also, I have searched several of the threads on this mod; and have not found anyone listing the dimensions of the sheetmetal they used.

Can folks who have done this list the width/length/thickness of their new flat tummy?

Nashville, TN (Franklin)
Lon. 86'54.285' W
Lat. 35'58.310' N
Alt. 610'
post #40 of 80 Old 07-14-2005, 11:47 AM
phlex234

i dont know hte exact measurements, but i havbe mine sitting in the garage waiting to be done, what i did was that i took my stock TC skid with me, and the place cut the flat piece of metal in that shape, i will get dimension when i get home. i just have to decide wether to make it completely flat or not and than see how im gonna have the TC mount

post #41 of 80 Old 07-17-2005, 10:39 AM
wicker

Phlex234 did you ever find out if you HAVE to have the MML? I'm about to start my belly-up skid, so those dimensions are going to be a life saver!! Would you mind giving us the dimensions for the outside, along with the location and dimensions of the tranny mount and bolt holes? Thanks

and pics from people who have theirs done and installed would be awesome!! (Hint*Hint*)

'93 YJ Sahara SOA -
33" GY MT/R's on Black Teflon American Racing Chamber Wheels,
XM Radio, and 136-amp alternator,
Some lights and lil toys, but other-wise stock.

Gotta Jeep it safe and show those freakin H2's how it's done in a REAL 4X4!!!
post #42 of 80 Old 07-17-2005, 03:20 PM
phlex234

yeah its good because it helps with the rear pinion angle. i still havent decided where or how im gonna do TC mount, might use the one on the stock skid and just measure where it is roughly on the stock skid. by bolt holes do you mean the ones where it attaches to the frame? if you want to find those use your stock skid as a template for size and location thats what i did with mine

i will get you dimensions once i find my measuring tape, nit sure if you have auto or 5spd, but the TC mount will be differently located

post #43 of 80 Old 07-17-2005, 03:59 PM
phlex234

take it as a guide not literally

pic came out to small, but here are the sizes, the sides are 20"
the top (motor side) is 36"
the bottom (rear axle side) is 42.5"
the entire TC mount is 2" long running from top to bottom
from the bottom of the TC mount to the top of TC skid it is 5"
from the side of the TC mount to the side of the TC skid is 18"

you can sort of see this in the picture, i can email it to you if you want

in an email it comes out perfectly clear

Last edited by phlex234; 07-17-2005 at 04:15 PM.
post #44 of 80 Old 07-17-2005, 04:53 PM
biffstephens

I have been lurking and thinking about this. I have a friend that posses some welding and fabing skills and we have talked about it in length over a few beers. We have always talked about using 1/4 inch....making a seperate tranny mount that would go frame rail to frame rail....

Simular to CODE5337's on pirate.

I like the idea of not making the two depend on each other......I have also heard of a few others doing it this way....

I am still about 3 weeks out on mine but would love to seem more pictures and Ideas.....

Thanks for all the talk so far...

Here is another link to Daves conversation on Pirate

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...ight=flat+skid

Biff

Wheel Spacers? Aluminum Fairleads? Winch Rope? LEDS? Winches? Accessories.....

Biff
post #45 of 80 Old 07-17-2005, 06:02 PM
phlex234

im thining about just cutting the holes in the flat piece of metal and attachin the TC straight to the skid, thjis part about really has me up in the air, but than i look at the aftermarket vendors, and all of them attach the TC straight to the skid

i really like CD300557's but i really have zero to no skill when it comes to fabricating stuff like that, but it seems pretty simple, seems like it would allow movement of the TC, i would like it to be stable

hey biff what do you sale?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.