First project complete! Rear bumper/carrier - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > First project complete! Rear bumper/carrier

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-23-2011, 05:32 PM   #46
kevlarr
2002 TJ Wrangler 

very nice. First time?! Very well done! Some people are just cut to do this type of thing... How did you come up with all of the dimensions?

kevlarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 04:34 PM   #47
Fropleyqk
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlarr View Post
very nice. First time?! Very well done! Some people are just cut to do this type of thing... How did you come up with all of the dimensions?
Thanks! I just used a tape measure really. No crazy scientific formulas.
Fropleyqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2011, 12:04 AM   #48
bobdog

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey great job. I'm really impressed. Looks very nice and you obviously put a lot of work and sweat into it. I have one question though. I too have a Hobart 110, but at 135 instead of 140. I'm curious what your voltage settings were (1-4) and what your wire speed (aka amps) were throughout your project. Also, were you able to get good penetration on the thicker stuff like the bumper mounts and d-ring mounts? Finally, how long were you able to weld before blowing your welder circuit breaker? If it ever did.

Thanks and great job. You've just shown me I to can build quality things with a 110 volt welder.

Tim

Black Jeep Society
New Mexico Jeep Club
Atheist Jeep Society
Micro-Trailer Club
bobdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 10:50 PM   #49
nic012cinko
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Amazing work! i will take one! LOL
nic012cinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #50
Viper723
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Nice work!! I got a piece of slag up the nose recently... It was painful haha especially in such a sensitive area.

"The walls between art and engineering exist only in our minds"-Theo Jansen
Viper723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #51
SkippyPB13
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fropleyqk
OK guys, here it is. I posted all of this in my build thread over the course of 2 weeks. Here it is all condensed. Couple notes: I know my welds need improvement. Im working on that. And if it looks remarkably like Besrk's, that because I used his write up as a template. . The whole thing is 3/16" thick, my little HH140 cant handle 1/4". Shackle tabs are 1" and bumper mounts are 1/4." The bumper mounts, shackle tabs, receiver and spindle are all from A-Z. The whole thing was built with a grinder, chop saw and my HH140. What I wouldnt give for a plasma cutter!
What are the specs onthe tube used for the bumpers? I know you said 3/16" thick. 2x4?

[url]www.SkippyKustoms.com[/url]
SkippyPB13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.