First project complete! Rear bumper/carrier - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > First project complete! Rear bumper/carrier

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 12-21-2010, 09:37 PM   #31
funshootin1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

SO PUUURTY, nice work, good detail and pics.

funshootin1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2010, 10:22 PM   #32
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Looks GREAT

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2010, 06:05 AM   #33
monkers
2010 JK Wrangler 

nice work bud!!
monkers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #34
banditt
1986 CJ7 

what is it that the tire mount swivels on, and where did u get it, looks great. im 17 and i have access to the high school ag shop where we have gas migs, arc welders, torches, plasma cutters, plasma cam(computer controlled plasma cutter)... and i wanna build one for my jeep, already have the bumper, just want the tire mount. thanks
banditt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2010, 04:30 PM   #35
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditt View Post
what is it that the tire mount swivels on, and where did u get it, looks great. im 17 and i have access to the high school ag shop where we have gas migs, arc welders, torches, plasma cutters, plasma cam(computer controlled plasma cutter)... and i wanna build one for my jeep, already have the bumper, just want the tire mount. thanks
Most people are getting their spindles from Zach at A to Z Fabrication. I have bought several from them and they are good quality and the price is reasonable. Plus, Zach is a a forum supporter/vendor, so I am pleased to do business with him. Good luck. It sounds like your school shop class is a great resource!
Automatic-258 I6- Detroit lockers front/rear - Superior 1-piece axles, Ramsey Pro 9000 Winch, Quick Disconnects, 33 BFG AT's, 4.10 gears, Howell TBI, DUI HEI Ignition, Ground Pounder Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Combo, Handen Fab integrated winch plate front bumper w/hoop, ORF weld-in front sport cage.

USMC 1999-2004 Semper Fi!

Hood Hi-Lift Jack Mounts for CJ/YJ/TJ/JK

Torchmate CNC Plasma Table Build / Projects

The Target Man, LLC - AR500 Shooting Targets
jatepper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #36
Fropleyqk
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditt View Post
Yup, just like jateppr said, AtoZ Fab. Ive doug around for alternatives and theyve got the best price/quality.
Unread 01-04-2011, 09:14 PM   #37
gne100
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Great writeup!
I just had a guy compliment me on my Jeep while I was in the drive-thu, he thanked me for being an American and told me we need to "take" America back.... I guess I will get used to that if it happens again...
gne100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #38
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fropleyquark View Post
Thanks everyone for all the compliments. My gas can mounts finally came in. So I spent a couple hours adding it to the carrier:

:
love the bumper. Great job. Where did you get your gas can?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #39
Fropleyqk
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
love the bumper. Great job. Where did you get your gas can?
Thanks! Im not sure about the cans, I found them online a while back. Just googled till I found something cheap.
Unread 01-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #40
papi32
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey I like your carrier alot, just started mine. Feel free to let me know what you think.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/q...-pics-1150561/
papi32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #41
cheftrail
2005 TJ Wrangler 

can you make me one? and are you going to fab a front bumper?
cheftrail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #42
Fropleyqk
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrail View Post
can you make me one? and are you going to fab a front bumper?
I'd love to man, but unfortunately I cant start another project right now. Im in the process of selling my house and moving into an apartment (getting ready for the military to move us). It'll be a little while before Ill be able to start something new. I'm in a rush to get this trailer finished as is.

I didnt really have any plans to make a front bumper but once we get settled in where ever the military sends us, Im sure Ill get the itch to try something new.

Unread 02-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #43
samger2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The talent on this board is simply ridiculous. My hat's off to anyone that can fabricate something like that and do it so well and so precise. What an awesome job.
samger2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #44
ldso
abidin'

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Excellent work sir! When my cargo rack/tire carrier is done it will be jealous of yours. Just beautiful welds and grinding there man.

Actually, it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."
ldso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #45
Fropleyqk
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks again for all the complements guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
Excellent work sir! When my cargo rack/tire carrier is done it will be jealous of yours.
I doubt that. I dont have any real talent, only OCD and patience. It goes a long way. My whole way of doing things is go slow, think it through, don't take short cuts and pay attention to every little detail. Do those things and you can make anything look good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.