Feedback Please? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Feedback Please?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 07-13-2014, 01:51 PM   #1
jeepcreek
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Feedback Please?

I'm picking up my 2000 TJ tomorrow - she's been custom-painted, olive-green military. Everywhere people normally put the plastic guards has been painted in black bed-liner - also the flares, etc. Anyway, they've done an awesome job with her, exceeded my expectations.

Now, for what MIGHT cause people to look twice, or just know it's fake - this is what I'm hoping for some feedback on. In 2000, there was no such thing as a hybrid - but my next door neighbor is an illustrator - so I've asked not to have to 4.0L vinyl replaced. Instead, I was thinking about going with this.

The final pic is likely pushing it too far - I just photoshopped the concept and probably won't do it - the nuclear powered Jeep.

But I am seriously considering placing this logo on her - the idea being that people see her, on the road or parked, and would seriously wonder whether it's actually a Hybrid "concept". If I go with it, anyone asks me - I"ll just say I picked her up at auction, whatever - I just generally enjoy f-ing with people.

Feel free to tell me if you think it's just stupid also. I'm not married to it yet

Thanks for ANY feedback. Anyway, the two versions of the Hybrid logo and the "over the top" gas cap cover. And if you like the Hybrid logo, which one looks best?

hybrid4.jpg

hybridmix.jpg

jeepradcapcropped.jpg

jeepcreek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2014, 02:25 PM   #2
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I didnt put near as much time or thought into mine and i had a guy come up and ask me how many batteries it took to run mine.

lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2014, 03:19 PM   #3
jeepcreek
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ha - nice! I think mine is solar-powered. I have one of those lexan sky tops that I keep on her most of the summer. But it's actually a solar panel that powers the Jeep...

Anyway, here's my ghetto pre-refinished Jeep with the logo.

I was also gonna go with HYBRICON across the sides of the hood, but that went over my next door neighbor's head, so ditched that concept.

Also, as she now looks military, was considering of going with some "PATTON 4.☆" bit, but I'm definitely not slapping a huge star on the hood...

At least I know if I do it, people will be stupid enough to believe it.

EDIT: Just added my Patton concept. Again, the Jeep is olive-green military now - I think it looks stupid on my old green Jeep, but it may look kinda cool on the remodeled version?
photo-jeep-old-logo-sm.jpg   patton-jeep.jpg   patton-jeep-ol.jpg  
Unread 07-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #4
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreek View Post
Ha - nice! I think mine is solar-powered. . .
Everything is solar powered. If it were not for the sun we would have nothing.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2014, 12:53 AM   #5
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure why you'd want to make someone think it's a hybrid. If anything, I think this sticker would be funny.

Unread 07-14-2014, 04:35 AM   #6
jeepcreek
2000 TJ Wrangler 

The idea is that people would see the Jeep and wonder whether or not it's actually some odd Hybrid "concept" Jeep.

So it's not really intended to be "funny" or even make a political statement. The intent is, due to the custom paint job, to make people wonder whether or not it's a concept Jeep.

Given how well everything has turned out with the new paint job, I can go pretty much any direction with it.

Primarily because it's a 2000, and Jeeps are not likely to go "Hybrid" any time soon - my initial "concept" was to basically play off the Rubicon and the X - with HYBRICON across the sides of the hood and the symbol we made up on the side.

But the paint job has exceeded my wildest expectations - the guy who repainted her for me is more of an "artist" really, and normally works primarily on restoring classics - so the Jeep looks awesome...

So I probably won't put any vinyl on her at all. I'm picking her up (hopefully) early this week.

Nobody seems to care much for my dumb "Hybrid" concept - so I'll probably just ditch it
Unread 07-14-2014, 09:53 PM   #7
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I guess I fail to see why you want to do this. If you want to make an electric vehicle or something, do it! Don't just put a sticker on there, what's the point?

Do like this guy, if you actually want an electric vehicle:

http://www.rockymountains.net/~m38mi...trowillys.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.