The dumpster bumper: the successmanship continues... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > The dumpster bumper: the successmanship continues...

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-08-2014, 05:03 PM   #31
Dumpsterfish

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck
probably not a bad idea, you don't know how much force is going to be put onto them, best make them as solid as you can right?
Agreed. Need a bigger plasma cutter!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Dumpsterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #32
AtTheHelm

Doing it with the holes/grinder cutting wheel you wouldn't need to cut apart your welds. I'll bet the gouging mode on my Powermax 45 would be perfect for that though! If you were closer I'd be down to help you out with that.
AtTheHelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 06:35 PM   #33
Dumpsterfish

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm
Doing it with the holes/grinder cutting wheel you wouldn't need to cut apart your welds. I'll bet the gouging mode on my Powermax 45 would be perfect for that though! If you were closer I'd be down to help you out with that.
Ah. I gotcha. I was thinking you meant drill/cut holes for new mounting plates. That could be a good fix though. As a bonus, might distort the baseplates back to flatness.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Dumpsterfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.