DIY roof track mount? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > DIY roof track mount?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
84xjwagoneer
1984 XJ Cherokee 

DIY roof track mount?

Has anyone ever made up a mount that works with the factory roof track on an 84 cherokee? Its not a raised rail and I'm not talking about the gutter, its a raised channel, with an opening like an inverted T running the length of the roof. Been searching for a while cant find any info on the track/channel thingy haha.
looking to make a light bar that'll just slide on and off.

84xjwagoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 05:46 AM   #2
aguelzo89
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Ive seen someone fab up brackets on here before, Ill do some searching with you. I know exactly what your talking about haha. but in all honest opinion here; Why would you want a light bar removable? Is it going to be just for certain excursions? My opinion would be to fab up a roof rack with with gutter mounts and mount lights to that. That way you can remove it easily and have more storage space to utilize? Just a thought

Welcome to the forum!!
aguelzo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
84xjwagoneer
1984 XJ Cherokee 

Hey, here's a pic of the tracks
84xjwagoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 07:16 AM   #4
aguelzo89
1995 XJ Cherokee 

This is something i might take up and ill see if i can fab something up for you in a few weeks. Im starting to get bored and want to fab things ahaha. Ill keep you up dated man.
aguelzo89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.