Dez Racer XJ build - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Dez Racer XJ build

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 10-27-2007, 04:42 PM   #91
skullver
Tarpitz
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mramos
hey where can i get some front fender's like that
for pre-97 Hannemann fiberglass in huntington beach, CA, says Comanche but will fit XJ

http://www.hannemannfiberglass.com/Jeep_Commanche.html

for post 97 or for converting to 97+ Fiberglass products or ajax auto have the front clip, fenders and hoods all glass, they make nice stuff.

my Jeepspeed build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/dez-racer-xj-build-367176/
skullver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #92
skullver
Tarpitz
1991 XJ Cherokee 

got very little done, I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder so I have barely been able to hobble around, it is so bad that my forefinger is numb, scary, time to go to the chiropractor! Mounted the lightbar support with a bushing on the cage side and a 5/8" heim joint on the lightbar side, works great. Having all the steering stuff all tigged up so it should be back to steerable by this weekend.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367176
Unread 11-02-2007, 01:51 PM   #93
Bigbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullver
got very little done, I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder so I have barely been able to hobble around, it is so bad that my forefinger is numb, scary, time to go to the chiropractor!
Are you sure it's a shoulder nerve? I had the same symptoms back 10 years ago and it ended up being Carpal Tunnel. I have no pain in the wrist, just shoulder pain and numbness in the hand and fingers. Ask your chiropractor.

I had mine fixed. Simple procedure and recovery was pretty quick. Ain't had a problem since.
Jeep Club Member #1340
6 Speed, Hardtop
Mods done: Hurst tee handle, cheap hand throttle, Rokmen Merc front bumper, Warn 9.5 TI winch with 3/8" X 100 worth of Viking yellow rope, DPG OME Ultimate with JKS ACOS up front, Kilby Gas Tank Skid, Kilby Steering Box Skid, Jeep Medic Belly Up, Skidrow Engine Skid, Rockcrusher Diff Skid in the rear, Warn Diff cover in front, , AR Outlaw II's and MTR 12:50/15's, Homemade rear Bumper, Cheap Cobra CB, Puma OBA, Sirius Radio, Locker Defeat, Rockhard cage, Rockmen short corners, homemade tire swing/tailgate hinge affair, Airlift air bags on the rear- - - - - - and more to come!
Bigbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2007, 01:55 PM   #94
skullver
Tarpitz
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbob
Are you sure it's a shoulder nerve? I had the same symptoms back 10 years ago and it ended up being Carpal Tunnel. I have no pain in the wrist, just shoulder pain and numbness in the hand and fingers. Ask your chiropractor.

I had mine fixed. Simple procedure and recovery was pretty quick. Ain't had a problem since.
hey thanks for the advice! It really feels like a pinched nerve, I can feel the lightning zap of pain when I move my neck just right, goes all the way from my neck through my shoulder right to my finger tip, but I am going to ask my chiropractor about what you experienced.
Chris

Unread 11-02-2007, 03:58 PM   #95
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

are you planning on running a windshield at all? i've heard that at speed, not having one cuts down on the dust a lot, but gets more stuff in your face. I guess it depends on the course for the trade off.
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2007, 04:24 PM   #96
Bigbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullver
hey thanks for the advice! It really feels like a pinched nerve, I can feel the lightning zap of pain when I move my neck just right, goes all the way from my neck through my shoulder right to my finger tip, but I am going to ask my chiropractor about what you experienced.
Chris

It took me several trips to doctors before it was properly diagnosed. I was going to orthopedic docs as I figured the problem was in my shoulder. I did dislocate the shoulder about 10 years earlier so I just figured it was all connected. One doctor was sure I had a bone spur in my neck that was pinching a nerve and causing all the troubles. He was ready to operate on it and I got a second opinion. Thank goodness I did. Usually it will be a neurologist that checks it. He can hook electrodes from your shoulder to hand and measure how fast electrical current runs down the arm. If it is slow that means the "Median" nerve is constricted someplace and that would be in the Carpal Tunnel area. I was awake and alert during the surgery as they just shot the area with some novacaine. As soon as he released the pressure on that nerve I could feel relief in my shoulder. Many people also get pain in the elbow. A common sign of Carpal Tunnel is also painful numbness in the hand. I had it in my right hand and couldn't ride my motorcycle anymore as the hand was painful numb after only 5 minutes of riding. Mechanics are famous for getting it. I got to where I could not lay on my back under anything and work on it anymore. As soon as my arm was raised above my body for any amount of time those fingers and hand went painfully numb.

This may not be what you have, but I just wanted to alert you to the possibility as you may be going on a wild goose chase otherwise. Ask about carpal when you go in.

BTW Google carpal tunnel and look at Videos. You can see what it is they do. I had no anesthesia at all on mine. He thought my arm was numb from a procedure they did to it. He started cutting and I started to flinch! He was shocked the arm numbing deal didn't work on me. I told him to just shoot it up with novocaine. LOL
Jeep Club Member #1340
6 Speed, Hardtop
Mods done: Hurst tee handle, cheap hand throttle, Rokmen Merc front bumper, Warn 9.5 TI winch with 3/8" X 100 worth of Viking yellow rope, DPG OME Ultimate with JKS ACOS up front, Kilby Gas Tank Skid, Kilby Steering Box Skid, Jeep Medic Belly Up, Skidrow Engine Skid, Rockcrusher Diff Skid in the rear, Warn Diff cover in front, , AR Outlaw II's and MTR 12:50/15's, Homemade rear Bumper, Cheap Cobra CB, Puma OBA, Sirius Radio, Locker Defeat, Rockhard cage, Rockmen short corners, homemade tire swing/tailgate hinge affair, Airlift air bags on the rear- - - - - - and more to come!
Bigbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2007, 04:29 PM   #97
skullver
Tarpitz
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRocks86
are you planning on running a windshield at all? i've heard that at speed, not having one cuts down on the dust a lot, but gets more stuff in your face. I guess it depends on the course for the trade off.
there will not be an ounce of glass in this thing, except of course the small shards stuck in the "frame" rails from our not so gentle windshield removal and a couple small mirrors, we have closed face helmets wired for radio/intercom/ipod and a parker pumper fresh air system that plugs into the helmet and delivers fresh air for both driver and co-driver.
http://www.parkerpumper.com/shop_pro...OTOR+I%2FS+AIR

Unread 11-02-2007, 04:31 PM   #98
skullver
Tarpitz
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks a bunch, I am going to print this out and bring it to the doc with me much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbob
It took me several trips to doctors before it was properly diagnosed. I was going to orthopedic docs as I figured the problem was in my shoulder. I did dislocate the shoulder about 10 years earlier so I just figured it was all connected. One doctor was sure I had a bone spur in my neck that was pinching a nerve and causing all the troubles. He was ready to operate on it and I got a second opinion. Thank goodness I did. Usually it will be a neurologist that checks it. He can hook electrodes from your shoulder to hand and measure how fast electrical current runs down the arm. If it is slow that means the "Median" nerve is constricted someplace and that would be in the Carpal Tunnel area. I was awake and alert during the surgery as they just shot the area with some novacaine. As soon as he released the pressure on that nerve I could feel relief in my shoulder. Many people also get pain in the elbow. A common sign of Carpal Tunnel is also painful numbness in the hand. I had it in my right hand and couldn't ride my motorcycle anymore as the hand was painful numb after only 5 minutes of riding. Mechanics are famous for getting it. I got to where I could not lay on my back under anything and work on it anymore. As soon as my arm was raised above my body for any amount of time those fingers and hand went painfully numb.

This may not be what you have, but I just wanted to alert you to the possibility as you may be going on a wild goose chase otherwise. Ask about carpal when you go in.

BTW Google carpal tunnel and look at Videos. You can see what it is they do. I had no anesthesia at all on mine. He thought my arm was numb from a procedure they did to it. He started cutting and I started to flinch! He was shocked the arm numbing deal didn't work on me. I told him to just shoot it up with novocaine. LOL

Unread 11-02-2007, 06:52 PM   #99
skullver
Tarpitz
1991 XJ Cherokee 

patched the floors with some 18-gauge cold roll as per jeepspeed rules:

Unread 11-03-2007, 07:45 PM   #100
skullver
Tarpitz
1991 XJ Cherokee 

made up the mount for the fuel cell, 32-gallons:

Unread 11-15-2007, 12:31 PM   #101
ElPaca19

Looks stock to me.

This thing is sick. Nice fab work on everything. When are you racing it, next year?

[SIZE="1"]Mine: 2000 Black XJ Sport, D30 and 8.25 w/ Yukon 4.56's, 4.5" RE SF (plus a 1.75" Daystar spacer, 1.75" Teraflex shackle), OME LT Shocks, SJ SS, M.O.R.E Steering Box Brace, JKS Adj Track Bar, JKS Discos, AA SYE and TW CV DS, 15x8 Black Rock Krawlers, 33x12.5x15 Maxxis Bighorns, Bushwackers, ARB Bumper, 45 x 60 Surco rack, AJ's Super Rails, Class III rear hitch, 4 100w Hella 500's, Hella 550s, Hella Vision Plus, CB w/4ft Antenna, removable hood deck port, Borla cat back etc.[/SIZE]
ElPaca19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2007, 12:34 PM   #102
skullver
Tarpitz
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPaca19
Looks stock to me.

This thing is sick. Nice fab work on everything. When are you racing it, next year?

hehe, yeah, not much cherokee left, although the motor/tranny are mostly stockish, hehe. Thanks for the props. My ultimate goal is to make it to the Baja 1000, so hopefully next year!!
Chris

Unread 11-16-2007, 11:19 PM   #103
White92
1984 CJ7 

Sweetness! I love this thread. Someday when I am broke and infamous I want to build up a jeep/truck like that.

[COLOR="Blue"]Blue Jeep Club Member #238[/COLOR]
[url]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q120/traviswhite92/DSC07176.jpg[/url]

[B]Hemi Club member #17[/B]
White92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2007, 06:03 PM   #104
skullver
Tarpitz
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks much, I couldn't even begin to count how many hours I have into this thing, but it is getting there.............
got the main door bars in, I may add a few more tubes but I'll have to check the SCORE rulebook and make some sense of that, they "seem" strong enough to me, all 1.75" x .120" dom but it may have to connect to the A-pillar somehow, sure will make it hard to get in and out if I have to do that so we'll see.

Unread 11-18-2007, 02:23 PM   #105
skullver
Tarpitz
1991 XJ Cherokee 

got the harness bars in and painted:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.