Dez Racer XJ build - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Dez Racer XJ build

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-29-2009, 10:50 AM   #361
skullver
Tarpitz
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftOfCenterXJ View Post
Just read through your build thread here... wow. I can't believe the time you must have involved in this bad *** rig. I can't wait to see a video or atleast know that you've gotten to take it out to get some air!
thanks much! Way too much time but alot of it was learning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie View Post
Chris, I can't believe I forgot about this thread. It looks amazing, dude. I hope to move to SoCal soon, and when I do, I will have to come over and help you fab like I promised a couple years ago. Wanna trade TF904s though? My Demon's just needs a good rebuild
Thanks Bri! I may have another 904 from my buddies Dart as he just got a new TH400 for it but would love to have you over, just let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92XJCowboy View Post
Very nice build man. Props to you.

That manual shifter you have, Is it for an AW4 or the NV4500? I am building a rock racing buggy and could use one of those. (that is if it doesnt make it into my soon to be DD first)

Make sure you post videos of the desert sections.
Thanks! Will definitely post vids!

The shifter is only for the AW4 that I know of but the guy who makes them seems to be very knowledgeable in trans stuff so you may want to give him a call and chat with him, he is a really nice and helpful guy. Rory is his name and he likes to talk shop!

my Jeepspeed build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/dez-racer-xj-build-367176/
skullver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #362
goobooroo
1998 XJ Cherokee 

17 days without an update! NEED......UPDATES!!! AGHHHH!!!!!
Very nice build!
goobooroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #363
skullver
Tarpitz
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks much! Sorry about that, just been non-photogenic type stuff. Pulled everything out of the truck and am prepping the interior for FINAL paint. There was tons of debri, metal shavings, various spilled fluids, some surface rust on the cage so there will be some time into the prep. Otherwise moved the trans cooler to the ceiling and need to make a scoop for it, I'll get some pics later on when I get a chance, had to do some more plumbing and now have to make a driveshaft, finally found a slip yoke for the trans, almost ready! . Also helping my buddy with his Nissan truck SAS/bumper/cage, and another buddy with his 69 Willies Cummins 4BT/Dana 60/14 bolt build but he hasn't really done much aside from collect parts and drop them off here, looking forward to that once he cuts me loose on it.

I'd show some pics of the Nissan but I think it would be blasphemous on a jeep site, even though he has a trussed hp dana 30 in front with WJ brakes/steering

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367176
Unread 12-01-2009, 11:48 PM   #364
gunR
1989 XJ Cherokee 

My congratulations!!!
Incredible work!!!
gunR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 09:53 PM   #365
-cAcHe-
1996 ZJ 

This is Amazing...i love jeep speed.. i have a zj trying to make it into a little pre-runnner... long way from it though..

are you going to start racing the baja? im always at the races the 250,500 and 1000 helping my uncle pit for Wide open.

nice work...great fab skills..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWK View Post
I like happy endings :2thumbsup:
RIP Troy Edwards (bigbluezj94)
-cAcHe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 02:03 PM   #366
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I love you and hate you all at the same time!!! I love that you have done all this amazingly incredible work! and I hate that you have pretty much squashed my hopes of ever building something so incredible (for financial reasons)!

<-- doesnt quite do justice to how amazing that 'cherk' is turning out to be! OH, and the welds on page 23, beautiful!
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #367
skullver
Tarpitz
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Hey thanks a bunch guys, been dealing with lots of drama at home, and been really busy working and have a few paying projects going on I need to finish, but did get it painted inside and almost put back together, gotta move it to my house to make room here at the shop. sorry for not having any launching footage, or really anything other than pics of it sitting sadly unused, but got some more motivation and doing my best to finish it for good! Soon enough hopefully!
sneak peek until I get it on the trailer

Unread 02-02-2010, 03:17 AM   #368
corndogduff

She's PURRDY

What are your plans for the back end? Are you gonna mod a hatch to fit around the cage or leave it as is? I bet it would be pretty easy to chop an old fibrglas hatch to fit
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #369
skullver
Tarpitz
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuffers View Post
She's PURRDY

What are your plans for the back end? Are you gonna mod a hatch to fit around the cage or leave it as is? I bet it would be pretty easy to chop an old fibrglas hatch to fit
THANKS! I was originally going to do that but decided I would try it out with nothing first and see if there is adequate air flow for the trans cooler and the shock resis. I am going to tie some strings on random tubes back there and look at the air flow as we cruise, still need to either make louvered panels for the side windows, or perforated sheet, not sure which yet. It would look better partially covered but still need access to tools/spares and there is not much room as it is. To be determined

Unread 02-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #370
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Either way for access through your panels, I would say either hinge one side and use Dzus fasterners on teh other side, or Dzus all teh way around...

This is a dzus btw... and you can open them with a flat-tip, or quarter, or anything else wide and flat... That is what is used to hold Sprint Car bodies onto the frame becuase they hold tight, even with massive vibrations, and are super quick to get on/off...

BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #371
skeeterbeater
1995 YJ Wrangler 

wow. i started looking for bumpers... two and a half hours later i'm wishing i had some cash to build sweet things like this lol
Unread 02-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #372
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

ok .. I think its pretty safe to say ... this is one of the sweetest xj ever !!!
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 06:41 PM   #373
-XJguy-
1992 XJ Cherokee 

This thing is on a whole different league.
Navigator for Team#11 Hurst/Olds on Spike TV's Bullrun. The real winners.
-XJguy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #374
Mark4883
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Looks awesome painted.
Mark4883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 12:09 PM   #375
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Unbelievable, Just spent all morning reading this thread, all 25 pages!! Simply amazing. The level of fab work involved in this build is unlike anything i've ever seen. And your workmanship appears to be topnotch. Must've been a little frustrating going through so many front axle set-ups, all the re-gearing, and transmission setups. All your hard work will certainly pay off i'm sure. And we of course are going to HAVE to see some video. I'm subscribing to this, and will be following closely, awaiting the results of the test runs. Good job on everything! This is definitely next level stuff here!!!
NW99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.