Dawson's M-416 Build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Dawson's M-416 Build

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 02-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #61
dawsonc61
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prd_cdn View Post
X10 ... Great Job.. Yeah the 2 tone looks great with the Jeep.

Totally Wicked Job !!
Thanks for the kind words guys, I really appreciate it.

I might need to start a business making these! i wonder if there is much of a market for it?

D

dawsonc61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #62
bamacpl
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I live north of Salt Lake City UT....there is a military surplus place close to my house that has a yard with hundreds of these trailers for sale. Don't know how much, but if anyone is interested I can find out for ya?
bamacpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2009, 03:52 AM   #63
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsonc61 View Post
Thanks for the kind words guys, I really appreciate it.

I might need to start a business making these! i wonder if there is much of a market for it?

D

I would totally buy one.

I actually planned on making my own, It's good to see how you did that. It looks awesome.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2009, 05:59 AM   #64
Stebel
Polak

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Good job man!!! I like how it turned out.

For those that are planning on buying trailer like that...there is a company that make those and they pricing is very reasonable:

www.sierra4x4trailers.com

POLISH JEEP OWNERS CLUB#1
Stebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2009, 08:28 AM   #65
NJscott
1990 YJ Wrangler 

inspired is an understatement
daystar 1" bl
1.25" booms
NJscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2009, 08:33 AM   #66
CJ7Pilot

Here's a local CL ad for a Bantam style box only:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/1029292481.html

It might make someone a pretty good starting point....
Unread 02-13-2009, 07:19 PM   #67
RoscoeJ
1986 CJ7 

Your gonna need to put a jeep grill on the front ,and make it flip up into a real working gas grill! looks great so far!
RoscoeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #68
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoscoeJ View Post
Your gonna need to put a jeep grill on the front ,and make it flip up into a real working gas grill! looks great so far!
Thats an awesome idea.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 03-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #69
dawsonc61
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well I made a few changes since I've last posted up. I've added 2-250lb. gas springs to aide with lifting and to hold the lid up.
I fab'd up a couple brackets for the struts as well. I ended up riveting the brackets to the inside of the lid. It isn't the prettiest job in the world but it is super sturdy.

I also added a High-lift bracket to the back and moved the tent forward on the trailer.

I also replaced the cover for it. The brown one had a defective zipper so Mombasa sent me a replacement. They inadvertently send me a gray one (the gray one is supposed to go with the original Expedition Series tent, and the brown with the Expedition Series Plus) It ended up being a blessing in disguise. I like the look of the gray cover much better than the brown. I think it goes with the trailer as well.
Brown:

Gray:

I also added the original M416 data plates to the front.

I've taken the trailer out three times and have really enjoyed it each time. We camped at Tyler State Park a few weeks ago. It was a really nice park with some pretty challenging biking trails.

I also used it in Oklahoma while helping to develop a trail systm for a new park in Daisy, OK (coming soon!). It was 22 degrees, very windy, and the tent held up perfectly. I'm glad I brought my 0 degree bag that trip! This month is going to offer a lot of action for the trailer. Alli and I are going to Fossil Rim this coming weekend, BMRA for the Election Run the weekend after that, and back to Daisy the last weekend of this month.

I've already got the water tank and Shurflo pump plumbed and ready to roll. I just need to figure out how I'm going to mount it and where. The tank is a ten gallon and will weight about 80 lbs full. I dont think putting it at the front of the trailer is a good idea. It's going to add too much weight there. So the only other place to put it would be over the axle to one side. I can put my battery bank on the other side to balance it out.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
Unread 03-09-2009, 12:46 PM   #70
jclaudii
1999 WJ 

What kind of water tank did you get? I guess you could just run it empty until you get close to your destination. I don't have any way better than what you mentioned to mount a water tank that you may travel full with. So what does a completely loaded down trailer weigh? What is the tongue weight?
jclaudii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2009, 12:48 PM   #71
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Dude, that had to suck pulling that trailer with the bike.

Do you by chance have the plans for the build? I've got a metal fab class coming up when I get back from Kuwait and wouldn't mind doing something like this as a class project. If you do, and don't mind sharing, feel free to email them to Bennettj13@yahoo.com. I'd appreciate it. I think I'd have more fun building one than buying one.

Unread 03-16-2009, 09:10 PM   #72
dawsonc61
2003 TJ Wrangler 

OK, I got a few things done tonight. I had to relocate the high-lift jack to the front of the trailer. It was too much weight for the gas springs to lift.

Here are a few shots of the plumbing of the water system. I used pneumatic components to allow for quick disconnecting.

The outlflow from the shurflo goes to a male pneumatic junction through the wall of the trailer.

The male end is located just under the front of the trailer.

the sprayer on the counter top.

It puts out pretty good pressure! I was impressed. It's more pressure than my kitchen sink!
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #73
dawsonc61
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Dude, that had to suck pulling that trailer with the bike.

Do you by chance have the plans for the build? I've got a metal fab class coming up when I get back from Kuwait and wouldn't mind doing something like this as a class project. If you do, and don't mind sharing, feel free to email them to Bennettj13@yahoo.com. I'd appreciate it. I think I'd have more fun building one than buying one.
e-mail sent!
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #74
dawsonc61
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclaudii View Post
What kind of water tank did you get? I guess you could just run it empty until you get close to your destination. I don't have any way better than what you mentioned to mount a water tank that you may travel full with. So what does a completely loaded down trailer weigh? What is the tongue weight?
It is a 10 gal tank I robbed from a RV. it will only weigh 80 lbs and is mounted over the axle so I'm not worried about the extra weight. I'll probably run with it filled.
Unread 03-18-2009, 02:10 AM   #75
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Man I love this. LOL Is the green rubber thing supposed to be like a sink? If so, that's pretty cool. It's a combo cooler in a pinch as well.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.