D44 double shear high steer arms. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-10-2009, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
ksheffer08
1981 CJ7 

D44 double shear high steer arms.

has anyone ever seen a double shear high steer arm for a dana 44? what I was thinking is a high steer arm that places the tie rod hole directly over the factory hole the running a heim between them. that way your leverage is being distributed through out the knuckle, not just coming from above the ball joints, which I would imagine puts a lot of stress on parts.

other than leaf spring clearance does anyone see a problem with this? I have access to a water jet so i think I'm going to give it a shot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-10-2009, 07:10 PM
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

I've seen a few setups like that.. basically using a long bolt and spacers between the stock arm and the high steer arm.

There are also high steer arms with a second bracket bolted to the top that allow a double sheer setup without dropping the steering linkage below the high steer arm.

'80 CJ5 w/AMC360, T176, D44 w/Detroit 4.56, RE 4" YJ lift and 35s..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 Old 10-11-2009, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
ksheffer08
1981 CJ7 

Ive seen those for a 60, but do they make them for a 44?

post #4 of 6 Old 10-11-2009, 06:09 PM
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksheffer08 View Post
Ive seen those for a 60, but do they make them for a 44?
Not sure.. I don't see why they wouldn't. The arms are a little smaller but I think there's still enough room.

'80 CJ5 w/AMC360, T176, D44 w/Detroit 4.56, RE 4" YJ lift and 35s..

post #5 of 6 Old 10-12-2009, 10:44 PM
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESRK View Post
I've seen a few setups like that.. basically using a long bolt and spacers between the stock arm and the high steer arm.

There are also high steer arms with a second bracket bolted to the top that allow a double sheer setup without dropping the steering linkage below the high steer arm.
FWIW - I'd rather go with the second option. What's the point of going high steer if you're not really going high steer? And going psuedo high steer just to do a double sheer would be an expensive endeavor.

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the
Forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
post #6 of 6 Old 10-13-2009, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
ksheffer08
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
What's the point of going high steer if you're not really going high steer?
steering geometry.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.