custom multipurpose trailer summer project - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > custom multipurpose trailer summer project

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 05-19-2011, 09:51 PM   #16
kbarwall
1985 CJ7 

yea it worked out, i wanted one and they (school faculty) approved it. If you ever have any questions let me know, i have plenty of ideas and of course things i would change about my design.

kbarwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #17
stroker90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

maybe I should talk to my physics adviser for school and see if I can use my trailer idea for my senior physics project. Im sure I can come up with a way to make what I am working on seem scientific. Where did you get your rear latch/catch for your swing gate?
stroker90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #18
kbarwall
1985 CJ7 

that I got from mcmaster-carr, i can get you a part number later on when i get back to my computer
kbarwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #19
stroker90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

so I wasn't able to build the trailer over the summer but I have been sitting on my ideas. I drew up a concept design of some of my ideas. Its not based on the jeep tub idea that I originally said. but here is the same concept of what I wanted to do. I will still make a concept design of the jeep tub trailer but here is my other one for now http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater I built a rack to hold 2 kayaks on top while a motorcycle can be loaded inside the trailer. there is a lockable storage container up front.
Unread 11-23-2011, 08:05 PM   #20
stroker90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I started looking into getting a bestop supertop for trucks to use instead of getting a custom soft top made. the problem is bestop doesn't know the dimensions of their own products. I wanted to know if I installed one of their tops on my trailer if I would have enough room for my motorcycle.
Unread 11-29-2011, 11:38 AM   #21
stroker90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I worked on a wider version that looks like the jeep tub trailer. it will be a bit deeper than a jeep tub trailer because I want to be able to use a bestop supertop for truck on this to make it enclosed when I need it to be. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...2303178&type=1 I designed it to have lockable storage built into the fenders. It has access to the compartments from both the inside and outside of the trailer. I also put the rack on there for my kayaks and canoe. I will make the rack removable and also height adjustable. I won't always need it on or at its maximum height. Just out of curiosity what are you guys willing to pay for a trailer like this?
Unread 12-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #22
stroker90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

merry Christmas everybody.
Unread 02-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #23
stroker90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

well I never got around to this till now. its amazing how busy you get and things just get set to the side. im getting a tub sometime this week and another on monday. i now need to find a place around Mansfield, pa for the extra steel i need. Im sure I will post pictures when I start my work next week.
Unread 03-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #24
stroker90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

since i've had so much time to think about this i've decided that placing a jeep tub on my old trailer isn't the best design plan. im going to make a custom frame. nothing fancy. just 2x4 steel tubing. im going to follow what the aussie's have been doing and make an independent trailing arm suspension for it. Im working on a coil spring/shock set up that there will be 2 different spring rates for the shock. The different spring rates will allow the trailer to ride nice while empty and handle like its suppose to when fully loaded.

Tags
motorcycle carrier , tent trailer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.